Our Gain or Retain 5 service helps food businesses understand what's needed to achieve a five-star Food Hygiene Rating score.
What we offer:
- An on-site visit delivered by an experienced and qualified Food Safety Officer.
- Practical advice for your business on how to achieve the highest possible standards. The officer will write this up in a simple and easy to understand report
- If you are a newly registered* business you will also receive an up to date Safer Food Better Business pack and diary to help get you started
* SFBB packs are not included with the Gain or Retain 5 package for existing businesses, however you can buy a Safer Food Better business pack or diary refill from us at any time.
Who is it for?
Whether you are an existing food business or a start-up, Gain or Retain 5 can help you achieve the maximum food hygiene rating score.
This includes any business which serves food, such as:
- farm shops
- manufacturers producing high risk foods
For businesses that produce food/drink on a small scale; such as tea rooms, cake shops, home cake makers, food trucks or ice cream vans, our Business Advice service may be a more suitable package for you.
If you have any doubt, please do contact our hub advisors who will be happy to guide you on what's best for your business.
Call us on 0300 1234 212 (option 4).
Alternatively, you can email us via our online contact form.
How will it help you?
Gain and Retain 5 can provide you with the following benefits:
- Save you time by having professional advice tailored to your business
- Save you money through receiving advice on appropriate procedures and equipment you need. This is proportionate to the level of your business, avoiding over-spending on compliance
- Enhance your chances of receiving or retaining a high (5 star) Food Star Rating
This gives your business a competitive edge that you can use in your marketing
- Give you reassurance from a compliance perspective. It's good for your business and good for your customers
- Enable you to put in place the building blocks to grow your business in a sustainable way.
The price of Gain and Retain 5 can be found on our prices page or by following the button below.
Book a Gain or Retain
If you would like to book an officer visit, please follow the button below.
Please note, businesses that are a low risk to people's health might not get a 0-5 rating but would still benefit from a visit from one of our officers.
Other sources of professional advice are available. You are under no obligation to purchase any of our services.
Request a rescore
As a food business operator you have a right to request a visit to rescore your food hygiene rating.
You can make the request once you have taken action to rectify non-compliances identified at the time of inspection.
The food safety management pack helps food establishments comply with food hygiene regulations.
If you would like a safer food, better business pack or if you need some diary refills, we can print and send these to you.
- Safer Food Better Business packs. Caterers or Retailers (includes management system information and one month diary)
- Safer Food Better Business diary refills (12 months - includes delivery)