Our Trading Standards advice service helps you be compliant with consumer protection laws.
Whatever your business, we can help and support you to build customer confidence.
What we offer:
A comprehensive and tailored audit covering all aspects of Trading Standards law. It covers:
- legal requirements
- systems and;
- processes that can provide the assurance that you’ve done what you can to stay compliant.
An experienced and qualified Trading Standards Officer will deliver an on-site audit. They will give you practical advice, appropriate to the size of your business. They will write all this up in a simple and easy to understand report.
As an added benefit, we have access to national consumer complaint data. We can use this to help understand the key areas of concern affecting customers in your sector.
What issues we can cover:
- Distance selling rules for online sales
- Consumer rights / Terms and Conditions
- Product safety, labelling and traceability (manufacturing/importation)
- Food labelling, allergens, nutritional declarations, composition, traceability
- Feeding stuff production (including HACCP)
- Motor vehicle sales, servicing and repairs
- Estate agency and lettings
- Public houses, restaurants, hotels, catering
- Weights and measures (average quantity, scales, weighbridges, petrol pumps etc.).
Who is it for?
Any business, regardless of sector or size. Aspects of trading standards law affect most business types, no matter what the size or scale.
This service will be of particular interest to:
- small or medium food producers
- motor traders and;
- businesses involved in importing or manufacturing heavily regulated goods. This is due to the complexity of the law in these areas.
What else does it offer?
There are a number of other services that can be included as part of the TS Assured service for an additional fee. These include:
- Submission of food samples for analysis, with support to interpret the results
- Submission of products for safety testing against British and European standards
- Testing of specific weights and measures equipment.
- HACCP audit, training and plan creation (for animal feed hygiene).
Trading Standards Bite-sized
Trading standards bite-sized gives you access to an experienced Trading Standards professional.
It is available in 30 minute time slots where you can get advice for your queries.
For example, you may have a new food label for your latest product or want advice on what warning indications are required for toys.
These sort of queries we can often help answer within one bite sized advice session.
- We tailor the advice provided to your specific requirements
- We'll only cover what you need to know
- We'll communicate by e mail to ensure advice is in writing for your records.
Trading Standards advice service is charged per hour and prices can be found by visiting our prices page.
If you have discussed your requirements with the Hub team, please book your slot by clicking the button below.
How will Trading Standards Advice help you?
- Reduce the cost of dealing with unhappy customers and avoid costly legal action
- Enhance customer confidence in your business and the products or services you offer
- Avoid costly systems and processes that go further than the law requires
- Get practical and professional advice directly from those responsible for enforcing the law.
If you need any more help or support, please get in touch with the Business Regulatory Support team by clicking the button below.
Other sources of professional advice are available. You are under no obligation to purchase any of our services.