Skip to content

Food Business Regulation Support

Before you get started with your food business, there are a number of things you need to do, such as;

  • Register as a food business (even if you're only selling drinks)
  • Make sure all your staff have a Food Hygiene Level 2 (minimum) qualification
  • Have a robust Food Management System in place
  • Make sure all staff have sufficient demonstrable knowledge about allergens
  • Contact business rates
  • Contact planning and building control (if you're changing the use of your building)

Our services

We can help with many regulatory matters to support you when setting up or managing your food business, such as;

Who is it for?

We support any business that serves food, such as;

  • cafés
  • deli's
  • restaurants
  • takeaways
  • food stands
  • mobile food trucks
  • pop-up restaurants
  • pubs
  • tea/coffee shops

Get regulatory support

If you need help with any regulatory matters you can get in touch with the Business Regulatory Support team via email at or call 0300 1234 212. Alternatively you can use our online contact form.

Contact Business Support

Self service information

We have gathered a range of relevant information for food businesses which may help you on your way to getting the appropriate regulations in place. 

Read our self service information for food businesses

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service