The Made in Cornwall scheme protects and promotes local producers. It helps them by providing customers with the knowledge that the goods are genuinely made in Cornwall.
Members have the opportunity to showcase their products through exclusive fairs and other promotional opportunities.
Who is it for?
Manufacturing companies and crafts people that produce products in Cornwall. It spans across all industry sectors including;
- food and drink
- arts and crafts
- furniture and even radio broadcasting.
To be eligible to join the scheme, your materials must be sourced in Cornwall, and the items you produce must be made within Cornwall.
In 2023, Cornwall Council partnered with Shop Cornish who now manage applications for the Made in Cornwall Scheme.
Our Trading Standards team continue to conduct audits of Made in Cornwall members to verify that products are genuinely being made in Cornwall.
When a business applies to become a member of Made in Cornwall, our Trading Standards team will;
- Arrange a visit with a Trading Standards Officer to ensure that the products are genuinely ‘Made in Cornwall’ and meet the scheme criteria
- Offer help and advice during the visit
- Ensure registered Made in Cornwall products are safe and comply with Trading Standards regulations
- Provide guaranteed authenticity of products through use of the engine house logo
How will it help you?
Members will benefit from:
- Certificate of membership guaranteeing authenticity of products.
- Licence to use the distinctive engine house logo on approved products, stationery and in advertising
- Opportunities to attend Made in Cornwall fairs
- A listing in the Shop Cornish members directory, accessible to anyone wishing to stock Cornish products
- Opportunities to network with other members
Join the Made in Cornwall Scheme
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Made in Cornwall Scheme please follow the link below to the Shop Cornish website where you will find more information, details regarding the costs and an application form.