Skip to content

Privacy notice

Who will control my data?

The Data Controller for all the information you provide on this form is:

Cornwall Council,
County Hall,
Treyew Road,

Data Protection Registration Number: Z1745294

This also includes any supporting information or documents requested as part of the application process.

If there is something you don’t understand, please contact the Business Regulatory Support team:

How will we use the information about you?

The information you provide on this form will be used to provide you with information and support regarding regulations for your business.

We will contact via text message or email in order to gather feedback on our service via our data processor Notify and to remind you about upcoming visits from the service. You can opt out of these text messages or emails at any time by replying STOP.

Who else will we share your information with?

Cornwall Council is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided on this form for the prevention and detection of fraud.  In this regard it may also share your information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes such as the Police and the Department for Work and Pensions.  In addition, we also provide information to the Government’s Cabinet Office under its National Fraud Initiative. For further information see

We will also share information with other relevant teams within our organisation, Cornwall Council, in order to provide the service you require.


Your data will be held within Cornwall Council’s secure network and premises and will not be processed outside of the UK, or EEA. Access to your information will only be made to authorised members of staff who are required to process it for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice.

How long will we keep this information for?

For 6 (six) years. 

What are my data rights?

Your personal information belongs to you, and you have the right to:

  • be informed of how we will process it
  • request a copy of what we hold about you and in commonly used electronic format if you wish (if you provided this to us electronically for automated processing, we will return it in the same way)
  • have it amended if it’s incorrect or incomplete
  • have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it)
  • withdraw your consent if you no longer wish us to process
  • restrict how we process it
  • object to us using it for marketing or research purposes
  • object to us using it in relation to a legal task or in the exercise of an official authority
  • request that a person reviews an automated decision where it has had an adverse effect on you

How do I exercise these rights?

If you would like to access any of the information we hold about you or have concerns regarding the way we have processed your information, please contact:-

Data Protection Officer Assurance, Cornwall Council, County Hall, TRURO, TR1 3AY.  Telephone: 01872 326424 or email:

If you don’t agree with something or would like to make any complaints to be made to us initially so that we have the opportunity to put things right, please call us on 0300 1234 212 or email:

However, if you are unhappy with the way we have processed your information or how we have responded to your request to exercise any of your rights in relation to your data, you can raise your concerns directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office:

Telephone number: 0303 123 1113 or visit

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service