We provide air quality monitoring for workplaces in Cornwall which help measure background and personal levels of a range of substances which people may be exposed to at work, such as:
Substances that have a harmful effect on your health are called ‘hazardous substances’. If exposure to a hazardous substance is not controlled, it may cause ill health.
Examples of hazardous substances that we can measure in the workplace include:
- Wood dust
- Respirable Crystalline Silica
- Carbon Monoxide
- Metallic dusts, such as lead and cadmium and their compounds
- Flour dust
What are the work place exposure limits of hazardous substances?
To find out more about Work Place Exposure Limits (WELs) of hazardous substances please refer to EH40.
Get a free quote for air quality monitoring in your workplace
If you would like a free quotation or further information, please get in touch with the Business Regulatory Support team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 1234 212. Alternatively you can follow the link below to use our online contact form.
We have selected some useful guidance and website links. These will help you with your workplace air quality.
- Guidance from Health and Safety Executive (HSE) relating to exposure limits in the workplace.
- HSE guidance relating to Exposure measurement: Air sampling.
- A brief guide to COSHH produced by HSE.
- Strategies from HSE to monitor toxic substances.