If you are a care provider you must demonstrate compliance with various regulations.
In England, care homes are inspected and monitored by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
The CQC give ratings that determine if care homes are providing appropriate and quality care. The rating is based on 5 key questions (or "we statements"), which check if your facility is;
Introducing Care Safety Compliance
Care Safety Compliance is a package to help care providers evidence they are ready or working towards compliance.
Specifically, Care Safety Compliance helps care providers produce evidence of compliance with Health and Social Care Act 2008 (regulated activities) 2014 (part 3):
- Regulations 12 Safe Care and treatment
- Regulation 14 Nutrition and Hydration
- Regulation 15 Premises and Equipment
The package is designed to help you to;
- be prepared for an audit
- demonstrate your facility adheres to the CQC’s quality statements (“we statements”)
- reduce any concerns around regulatory compliance
- grow the confidence of your staff and management
- improve the overall cultural ethos of the setting
- cut wastage
- concentrate more resource into the provision of excellent care
- gain piece of mind
Business Regulatory Support have been assisting Cornish food businesses for nearly 7 years.
Many of the businesses we work with report that an interim support visit is very useful to maintain compliance. This is due to the infrequency of some official inspections.
Our research shows there is a need for better support and understanding around compliance within the care sector.
The Care Safety Compliance package is designed to mirror the benefits already experienced in the food sector.
Who is it for?
Care Safety Compliance can be used in any care setting.
In addition to residential care, this service can be adapted for domiciliary care, as well as specialist providers.
Most providers recognised the benefits in working towards compliance to control hazards.
Care Safety Compliance looks at a wide range of compliance matters including;
- Health and Safety
- Fire hazards
- Infection control
- Nutrition and hydration
- Food safety and standards
How will it help?
Care Safety Compliance could act as an evidence tool for Care Quality Commission and Adult Social Care.
Our regulatory experts will help address, maintain and evidence compliance by;
- visiting your setting and identifying areas of regulatory risk
- providing compliance advice based on your specific needs
- supporting the implementation of compliance recommendations
- helping you to learn the skills to maintain and develop compliance standards
This helps to show that providers proactively meet regulations during audits and inspections.
How much does it cost?
To view prices for Care Safety Compliance and our other services, please visit our prices page.
How to purchase
If you would like to purchase or if you would like further information about Care Safety Compliance, our friendly team will be happy to help.
Please call us on 0300 1234 212 (option 4) to discuss your requirements, or contact us via the button below.