Please note that we are experiencing high volumes of work which is causing delays to our response times. We are working hard to address this and thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
It is likely that you will need planning permission if you want to:
- build something new
- make a major change or
- change the use of a building.
Find out about:
- the planning process
- what you need to do before making a planning application and
- what happens after.
Guidance for Applicants
- our videos with Councillor Hannaford to help understand how the planning process works
- further links to useful information which will assist you when making your application.
Councillor Hannaford explains what we consider when determining a planning application:
Councillor Edwina Hannaford explains why officers determine some planning applications:
Before making a planning application
Information that can assist when making a planning application
- Householder submission guide
- Tree application submission guide
- Planning policy
- Conservation advice
- Design and access statements
- Cornwall Design Guide December 2021
- Contaminated Land guidance
Making a planning application
After you've made a planning application
- Notification and publicity of planning applications
- Role of Divisional Ward Member in Planning
- Role of Local Councils in Planning
- Revisions and amendments to planning applications
- Section 106 planning obligations
- How planning applications are decided
- Discharging planning conditions