The number of days quoted is indicative of when most applications are validated. Some applications may be processed earlier or later depending on if they are front screened by a Planning Case Officer. Updated 26 May 2023.
Validation Performance 1 April 2023 to 30 April 2023
- Number of applications received: 925
- Number of invalid applications: 662
For information on the top 10 reasons why applications are invalid on receipt please visit the make a better application page.
This page tells you how to:
- submit a planning application
- download forms
- make a payment and
- where to get help and advice.
Not sure which application to submit or if one is required?
See below links for guidance:
- Do I need planning permission
- Planning fees and charges supplementary document
- Pre-application and pre-planning advice
To help speed up the planning process all our applicants and agents are encouraged to submit electronically.
You can use the Planning Portal to submit and pay for your application online.
Planning Portal is a service to submit planning applications electronically. Registration is easy and you can complete your application form, upload supporting documents and pay fees online.
It should be noted that this site is not run by Cornwall Council. If you experience any difficulties with this website please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0333 323 4589
The Planning Portal are aware there are issues which may affect Apple users on iOS 12.5.5. A fix is currently being tested. In the meantime if you experience any issues please contact email@example.com to discuss an alternative way of submitting.
If you are unable to submit electronically via the Planning Portal, please download forms and send to the following address.
Cornwall Council, Planning and Sustainable Development,
PO Box 676,
Please note this is a postal address and not open to the public.
For advice on what to submit with your application, please see the below documents. Planning recommend following this guidance. This helps avoid invalid submissions due to missing information.
The new Validation Guide 2023 is now live and validation requirements apply from 01 April 2023.
For householder applications, applicants may wish to consider an accredited agent.
Please also visit our:
- Additional Development Guidance page for more technical guidance including:
- Validation updates page. This provides up to date information and changes.
- Make a better application page. This includes the top 10 invalid reasons as well as advice on what to submit
- Interactive mapping. This can help identify some of the constraints and designations at the site
To view constraints and designations follow the above link to interactive mapping. Once the relevant area has been identified using the location search select the layers tab. Most designations can be found by expanding the Environment and Planning option. However there are also mapping layers for Listed Building, Historic Environment and Public Rights of Way.
There is currently no publicly available layer on our interactive mapping which provides information on contaminated land. In order to determine whether a site could potentially be affected by contamination please see page 4 of the following document:
- Public Protection's Land affected by contamination - Developers guide and information requirements for planning applicants.
Privacy Notices - Planning and Sustainable Development Service
You can view a list of fees and charges in our Fees and charges document. Further information on our fees can be found within our Planning fees and charges supplementary document. The Planning Portal Fee calculator takes you through a set of questions to help work out your planning application fee.
Submitting via the Planning Portal? All application fees must be paid via the Planning Portal for the application to be released.
Submitting hard copy? You can pay your fee online on our website or by phone on 0300 1234 151.
Most application forms are available via the Planning Portal find and download paper forms page. Only forms which are not available via the Planning Portal can be downloaded below.
Please note from 1 April 2022 planning applications which can be submitted via the Planning Portal will no longer be accepted by email.
Important information - please download and a save a copy of the below forms before making any amendments. Any information completed directly onto the form and forwarded will be lost.
- Tree Application Documents
- Tree Works Form
- Tree Works Application Submission Guide 2017 V2
- Joint Statement By The Environment And Planning And Sustainable Development Services September 2020
- Dead And Dangerous Tree Notice Advice Note
- Trees and Planning - managing and increasing trees through the planning process
The following can be submitted using our online forms:
New development should make contributions if located within the Zones of Influence from:
- Plymouth and Tamar Estuaries Special Area of Conservation and Special Protection Area
- Falmouth and Helford Special Area of Conservation
- Penhale Dunes Special Area of Conservation.
Applications submitted after 9 August require an Appropriate Assessment. You can find the forms using these links:
- Form 1 - AA Template for Penhale Dunes
- Form 2 - AA Template for Fal and Helford Contributions
- Form 3 - AA Template for Plymouth Sound Estuaries SAC Tamar Estuaries SPA
- Form 4 - AA Template for Fal and Helford and Penhale Dunes Combined
Guidance on completion of Appropriate Assessment Templates
Guidance on types of development requiring mitigation
S111 forms and payments should now be submitted online via the online s111 form and online payment system.
The S111 agreement should be signed by the applicant or owner of the development.
The form requires a planning reference. Please only submit once the application has been submitted via the Planning Portal. and the Planning Portal reference is known. If submitting an application via email or hard copy please wait for planning to supply you with the planning application reference number.
- Application For Modification Or Discharge Of A Planning Obligation (Section 106)
- Foul Drainage Assessment Form
- Notice Under Article 13 Of Application For Planning Permission Notice For Service On Individuals (As Referred To In The Application Form)
- Supplementary Information For An Application To Erect An Agricultural Horticultural Forestry Or Other Occupational Dwelling, Or For Temporary Accommodation To Serve A Farm
- Ownership Certificate 2015
- Site Notice Under Part 11 Of Schedule 2 For Prior Notification Submissions
- Application For Planning Permssion For Mineral Extraction And Ancillary Operations Developements Form With Form
- Heritage Assessment Template
- Gypsy Traveller Declaration Form
- Householder And Minor Extension Flood Risk Assessment Form Interactive
- Householder And Minor Extension FRA Guidance
- Ecia Checklist To Be Submitted With Report At Validation
- Ecology And Geology Trigger List V2
- Green Infrastructure Form Minor Developements
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.Use our contact us form
- 0300 1234 151