Please note validation staff are working on a backlog of applications due to an increase in the number of applications received. We are migrating to a new website which means:
- we cannot update the validation figure usually published weekly
- the published figure will not be reliable.
We are working hard to reduce the backlog as soon as possible.
Average number of working days to validate general and householder planning applications:
The number of days quoted is indicative of when most applications are validated. Some applications may be processed earlier or later. Updated 13 April 2021.
This page tells you how to :
- submit a planning application
- download forms
- make a payment and
- where to get help and advice.
See below links for guidance:
- Do I need planning permission
- Planning fees and charges supplementary document
- Pre-application and pre-planning advice
To help speed up the planning process all our applicants and agents are encouraged to submit electronically.
You can use the Planning Portal to submit and pay for your application online.
Planning Portal is a service to submit planning applications electronically. Registration is easy and you can complete your application form, upload supporting documents and pay fees online.
It should be noted that this site is not run by Cornwall Council. If you experience any difficulties with this website please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 0333 323 4589
Forms can also be downloaded below and emailed to email@example.com.
Please provide plans (A3 in size prefered) as a pdf, no larger than 5MB each. Please include the type of drawing, site name, and paper size in your file titles. If you are submitting a major application, you may be asked to provide extra paper copies or the information on a disk.
We can accept submissions on CD and DVD. Unfortunately we are unable to accept submissions in any other electronic formats such as USB devices.
To support the climate change emergency, we are increasing electronic working. There is now a handling charge for processing hard copy planning applications and associated documents.
The charges are as follows:
- £100 for major applications
- £50 for general and all other applications
This charge is in addition to any planning application fees.
Only one hard copy of everything is required. This copy will be scanned upon receipt and disposed of after 21 days.
For advice on what to submit with your application, please see the below documents. Planning recommend following this guidance. This helps avoid invalid submissions due to missing information.
- Validation Guide 2019
- Tree Application Validation Document
- Householder Submission Guide
- Prior notification guidance note
For householder applications, applicants may wish to consider an accredited agent.
To recover the cost of handling invalid applications, planning are introducing a charge. The following charges will be introduced from 1st April 2021:
- £60 inc VAT - Householder and other
- £120 inc VAT - Minor
- £250 inc VAT - Major
Applicants/agents could pay for the validation checking service. This will ensure the correct information is submitted first time
Information regarding the validation checking service can be found here. This can help speed up the validation of your application. Your application will be checked against national and local requirements. This will be followed up with a discussion of missing requirements. This service is by appointment only.
You can view a list of fees and charges in our Fees and charges document. Further information on our fees can be found within our Planning fees and charges supplementary document. The Planning Portal Fee calculator takes you through a set of questions to help work out your planning application fee.
Submitting via the Planning Portal? All application fees must be paid via the Planning Portal for the application to be released.
Submitting via email or hard copy? You can pay your fee online on our website, by phone on 0300 1234 151, via the Planning Portal.
Most application forms are available via the find and download paper forms page.
There are some forms which are not available via the Planning Portal which can be downloaded below.
- New Tree Preservation Order Form
- Tree Application Documents
- Tree Works Form
- Tree Works Application Submission Guide 2017 V2
- Joint Statement By The Environment And Planning And Sustainable Development Services September 2020
- Dead And Dangerous Tree Notice Form
- Dead And Dangerous Tree Notice Advice Note
- Air Form Additional Notes For Applicants
- Form 1 Additional Information Requirement (MS Word Version)
- Form 2 Assumption Of Liability (MS Word Version)
- Form 3 Withdrawal Of Assumption Of Liability
- Form 4 Transfer Of Assumed Liability
- Form 5 Notice Of Chargeable Development
- Form 6 Commencement Notice (PDF)
- Form 6 Commencement Notice (MS Word Version)
- Form 7 Self Build Part 1 Exemption Claim
- Form 7 Self Build Part 2 Exemption Claim
- Form 8 Self Build Residential Annex Claim
- Form 9 Residential Extension Exemption Claim
- Form 10 Charitable And Or Social Housing Relief Claim
- Form 11 Exceptional Circumstances Relief Claim
- Form 12 Further Charitable And Or Social Housing Relief Claim
- Form 13 Further Exemption Claim
- Form 14 Phase Credit Application
For more information on CIL please see the Community Infrastructure Levy page
- Mineral Extraction And Ancillary Operations Or Developments Application Form
- Application For Certificate Of Appropriate Alternative Development
- Application For Modification Or Discharge Of A Planning Obligation (Section 106)
- High Hedges Complaint Form
- Foul Drainage Assessment Form
- Notice Under Article 13 Of Application For Planning Permission Notice For Service On Individuals (As Referred To In The Application Form)
- Supplementary Information For An Application To Erect An Agricultural Horticultural Forestry Or Other Occupational Dwelling, Or For Temporary Accommodation To Serve A Farm
- Ownership Certificate 2015
- Site Notice Under Part 11 Of Schedule 2 For Prior Notification Submissions