Our services can provide answers to common questions and include:
- Confirmation of use class
- Confirmation of planning restrictions such as occupancy/use restrictions
- Confirmation of compliance with planning conditions
- What is a material start?
The Planning and Sustainable Development Fees and Charges Document sets out our full range of additional services. To use a service, please complete the online Additional Service Application Form.
Please note from 1 January 2023 the fees for our discretionary products and services will be increased.
Most will be increased by 10% however some increases may be higher calculated on a cost recovery basis.
You can also pay:
By phone (credit/debit card)
Telephone 0300 1234 151. Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
To use the telephone automated service, please note:
- you need to know the planning reference eg PA20/01234
- a 10-digit PIN will be required
- the pin in this example would be entered as follows **20*01234
- for a pre-application service where the reference number has the PREAPP suffix, please remove PREAPP and enter the number in the same way as indicated above.
If you submit an application via the Planning Portal, any fees due must be paid to the Planning Portal, not Cornwall Council.
Please note that without this payment:
- the Portal will not release your application to the Council
- we are unable to transfer any payments which may have been made to us in error
- any payments received in error will be refunded which could delay your application.
If you have any queries about this or the Planning Portal payment system, please contact the Portal direct on 0333 323 4589 or email@example.com.
Please note that the Planning Portal is a private company and is not run by Cornwall Council.
The Planning Portal fee calculator is a useful tool. It will help you work out the cost of your planning application by asking a series of questions.
Full details of planning charges can be accessed on this link:
- The Town and Country Planning (Fees for Applications, Deemed Applications, Requests and Site Visits) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2017
For more information on the charges for works under Building Regulations, please see our Making an application page.