Our services can provide answers to common questions and include:
- Confirmation of use class
- Confirmation of planning restrictions such as occupancy/use restrictions
- Confirmation of compliance with planning conditions
- What is a material start?
The Planning and Sustainable Development Fees and Charges Document sets out our full range of additional services. To use a service, please complete the online Additional Service Application Form.
Please note on 1 January 2023 the fees for our discretionary products and services increased.
Most were increased by 10% however some increases were higher calculated on a cost recovery basis.
From 1 January 2023 Planning will no longer offer the 'Confirmation of Designated Area' additional service. Constraints and designations can be viewed using Cornwall Council's Interactive mapping.
To view constraints and designations follow the above link to interactive mapping. Once the relevant area has been identified using the location search select the layers tab. Most designations can be found by expanding the Environment and Planning option. However there are also mapping layers for Listed Building, Historic Environment and Public Rights of Way.
Ways to pay
Pay for your planning application online
You can also pay:
By phone (credit/debit card)
Telephone 0300 1234 151. Lines are open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
To use the telephone automated service, please note:
- you need to know the planning reference eg PA20/01234
- a 10-digit PIN will be required
- the pin in this example would be entered as follows **20*01234
- for a pre-application service where the reference number has the PREAPP suffix, please remove PREAPP and enter the number in the same way as indicated above.
Planning Portal applications
If you submit an application via the Planning Portal, any fees due must be paid to the Planning Portal, not Cornwall Council.
Please note that without this payment:
- the Portal will not release your application to the Council
- we are unable to transfer any payments which may have been made to us in error
- any payments received in error will be refunded which could delay your application.
If you have any queries about this or the Planning Portal payment system, please contact the Portal direct on 0333 323 4589 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the Planning Portal is a private company and is not run by Cornwall Council.
Online fee calculator
The Planning Portal fee calculator is a useful tool. It will help you work out the cost of your planning application by asking a series of questions.
Cornwall Council have also produced their own Supplementary Fees and Charges Guidance Note which helps to calculate planning fees.
Find out more about planning charges
Full details of planning charges can be accessed on this link:
- The Town and Country Planning (Fees for Applications, Deemed Applications, Requests and Site Visits) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2017
Building control charges
For more information on the charges for works under Building Regulations, please see our Making an application page.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.Use our contact us form
- 0300 1234 151