Skip to content


Most problems can be solved online. It's the quickest and most convenient way to get help. 

View the most frequently asked information and the solutions for those below.

Search for a planning application

You can use the online planning register to:

  • search for
  • view and
  • comment on

current planning applications and supporting plans and documents.

You can also set up alerts for planning applications in your area.

View our online planning register

Planning advice and guidance

Whatever you are proposing, we can help you to cut through the red tape. We offer advice for developers, applicants and agents seeking advice either:

  • before making an application, or
  • a supported service during the processing of an application

View our planning advice and guidance information

Make a planning application

You can use the Planning Portal or iApply to submit and pay for your application online.

Make a planning application

Planning consent or building regulations

The owner of the property or land is responsible for meeting the relevant planning rules and building regulations.

The Planning Portal have prepared the following guide that explains:

View our guidance about planning consent or building regulations

Contact a planning officer

Within the planning service there are a number of teams who deal with different areas of planning. If you have a specific enquiry you can find out which team deals with it and how you can contact them. 

If you:

  • would like to contact a case officer and
  • are finding it difficult to get in touch with a specific officer

please contact the Customer Relations Team.  You can email them at  One of the team will be able to assist you further with your query.

View our planning team information

Tree preservation orders

Cornwall Council has the power to protect trees and woodlands enjoyed by member of the public where they are considered to be at risk.

You can find out about the following things on our trees page.

  • Identify protected trees
  • Apply for consent or give notice to work on protected trees
  • Trees in conservation areas
  • Tree Preservation Orders
  • New Tree Preservation Orders
  • Dead and dangerous trees
  • Exemptions for statutory undertakers
  • Pests and diseases affecting trees
  • Trees and development sites

View our trees information

Planning application comment not showing on website

There will be a delay in comments appearing online.  If they have been sent via e-mail they will need to be scanned/indexed and appropriately redacted.  This is for data protection purposes.  They are also checked for any inappropriate/defamatory comments.

Comments are occasionally received on pre-application enquiries.  These will not appear on the website as it is pre-application stage only. Should a subsequent planning application be submitted there will be the usual consultation and publicity.  At which time comments will be published. Comments previously received in relation to Pre-applications will not be published. They will need to be resubmitted to the relevant live planning application.

There are very few submissions which are not viewable on the website. 

For example:

  • confidential pre-applications
  • Certificate of Appropriate Alternative Development (Change of Use)

Check if you need permission

Find out whether your home improvement or large scale commercial project needs:

  • planning permission or
  • building regulations approval

Use our common projects and interactive guides to:

  • find out about permitted development limits or
  • explore our in-depth guidance to understand about what you need to consider at each stage of your project

View the planning portal interactive guides to permissions

Still need help?

If your query is still not answered you can try looking at our planning information or use the form below or call 0300 1234 151.

Request help with something not listed about planning 

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service