Use the ‘Application for approval of details reserved by condition’ form to discharge conditions.
The appropriate fee must be included with your application.
If you do not provide the fee, a condition will not be formally discharged in writing without a fee. However, an officer may provide a verbal decision. The verbal decision will be recorded on the planning file for future reference.
You will not be charged again if:
- the Council does not approve details submitted for discharge of conditions
- you submit revisions or further information
Where an exchange of information is on-going, no further fee will be required.
You would be charged again if:
- you want to revise details already approved for discharge of conditions or
- a refusal to discharge has been issued
There is no “free go” for these submissions.
You won't have to pay a fee for each condition. A fee is only charged for each request.
If you apply to discharge all the conditions at once, you will only be charged one fee.
If you send in details for each condition separately, these will be counted as separate applications. You will have to pay separate fees.
The following condition applications are free:
- Requests relating to advertisement consents
- Requests relating to listed building consent
- Requests relating to tree preservation orders
Without formal approval, it may lead to formal enforcement action by the Council. This could affect the future sales of the property.
Some conditions must be approved before commencement of development.
Please do not submit proposed samples of materials. Photographs, brochures or detailed product specifications should provide enough detail for assessment. If samples are required, your case officer will arrange an appointment to view.