Whatever you are proposing, we can help you to cut through the red tape. We offer a number of advice services for developers, applicants and agents seeking advice either before making an application, or a supported service during the processing of an application.
Do I need planning consent?
- We can review your proposal and advise whether permission is required.
Validation checking service:
- We can check your application before submission to make sure it contains all the information we need to process the proposal.
- To help you save time and money, reduce the number of unsuccessful planning applications and to ensure you provide enough information to support your final application.
- Post decision compliance checks. Full details of services are listed in the Fees and Charges document.
- Research the history of the site and do a site visit if required.
- Look at the application against Council policies and standards.
- We will provide feedback on design options and impacts.
- Arrange to attend a meeting with the applicant, if needed. This could be a telephone discussion.
- Look at the need for further investigations or key groups that need to be spoken to.
- Write to you and let you know whether we think you should continue with your planning application.
We will facilitate a meeting held in public, where a developer is able to explain proposals directly to Members, the Local Council and local residents at an early stage about a development site.
We can use a Planning Performance Agreement (PPA ) to agree timescales, actions and resources for handling particular applications. PPAs can be used at the pre application stage, the planning application stage and at the post decision stage or any combination of these. There are clear advantages for using PPAs, including:
- Identification of key issues and consultees at an early stage.
- Provides a guarantee of Council resources with realistic timescales.
- Better overall management from pre-application through to post-application stages.
- Greater accountability, transparency and communication.
- Improved partnership working.
- Continuity and consistency from Local Planning Authority (LPA) officers.
- Bespoke advice from key consultees (e.g. building control, environment, highways etc.).
We offer a design review service where a proposal can be improved through the input of a group of design specialists.
Use the links below and in the navigation menu to find out about planning procedures, planning permission, building regulations, building control, tree applications, renewable energy planning and more.
Planning Aid is part of the Royal Town Planning Institute. It provides free advice on town planning matters to:
- community groups
- individuals who cannot afford professional advice.
Planning Aid can help individuals and communities with:
- support on planning applications.
Contact tel: 020 7929 8338 or email email@example.com