Role of the Pensions Committee
Cornwall Council has set up a Pensions Committee to exercise its functions as the Administering Authority for the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Under the Local Authority (Functions and Responsibilities) (England) Regulations 2000: The responsibility for the Local Government Pension Scheme lies with the full Council.
They have delegated responsibility to the Pensions Committee.
The responsibilities of the Committee includes
- the Fund’s investment strategy
- the Statement of Investment Principle
- acceptance of the triennial valuation report produced by the Fund Actuary
- appointment of AVC providers
- the appointment of investment managers, consultants and the custodian.
Other responsibilities include the approval of the:
- Annual Business Plan
- Annual Report and Accounts
- all other relevant policies.
Membership of the Pension Committee
The Pension Committee is made up of:
- Employee representatives
- Employer representatives
each having one vote.
The membership of the Committee from March 2023 is as follows:
- Cllr David Crabtree
- Cllr Peter Perry
- Cllr John Tivnan
- Cllr Christopher Wells
- Cllr Mike Thomas (Vice Chair)
- Cllr John Morgan
- Cllr Colin Martin
- Cllr Jayne Kirkham (Chair)
- Mr N Olgard
- Mr A Stott
- Mrs J Martin
- Mr C Wilson
See below for the:
For more information please see the Councillors and Democracy section. This includes the agendas and minutes of the Pension Committee.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.Use our contact us form
- Cornwall Pension Fund
- Benefits, Member Support Team and general enquiries:
01872 322322 option 3
Data and Employer Team:
01872 322322 option 2
Pensioner Payroll Team:
01872 322322 option 1