Role of the Pensions Committee
Cornwall Council has set up a Pensions Committee to exercise its functions as the Administering Authority for the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Under the Local Authority (Functions and Responsibilities) (England) Regulations 2000: The responsibility for the Local Government Pension Scheme lies with the full Council.
They have delegated responsibility to the Pensions Committee.
The responsibilities of the Committee includes
- the Fund’s investment strategy
- the Statement of Investment Principle
- acceptance of the triennial valuation report produced by the Fund Actuary
- appointment of AVC providers
- the appointment of investment managers, consultants and the custodian.
Other responsibilities include the approval of the:
- Annual Business Plan
- Annual Report and Accounts
- all other relevant policies.
Membership of the Pension Committee
The Pension Committee is made up of:
- Employee representatives
- Employer representatives
each having one vote.
The membership of the Committee from November 2020 is as follows:
- Cllr John Fitter
- Cllr David Harris
- Cllr John Herd
- Cllr Derek Holley (Chair)
- Cllr Sue James
- Cllr Joanna Kenny
- Cllr Jayne Kirkham
- Cllr Pete Mitchell (Vice Chair)
- Cllr Oliver Monk
- Cllr John Wood
- Mr N Olgard
- Mr A Stott
- Mr C Wilson
See below for the:
More information including the agendas and minutes of the Pension Committee are in the Councillors and Democracy section of the Cornwall Council website.