Skip to content

What if I have a complaint?

If you are unhappy, please contact us and we will do everything we can to resolve the issue. If you are still unhappy after contacting us there are steps you can take.

If you are dissatisfied with any decision made, you have the right to have your complaint independently reviewed under the internal disputes resolution procedure.

Internal disputes resolution procedure (IDRP)

The first step is to write to a specified person (nominated by your employer).  You must do this within six months of the date of the disagreement.

If you are dissatisfied with the nominated individual's decision, you can within 6 months apply to your administering authority to have the decision reconsidered.

For further information on IDRP or to make a complaint, please view the employees guide to IDRP.

Regulatory bodies

There are also a number of other regulatory bodies that may be able to assist you:

What is the Pensions Ombudsman?

If your problem or complaint:

  • has not been resolved through the internal disputes resolution procedure or,
  • has not been resolved through the Early Resolution Team

you can make an application to the Pensions Ombudsman.

You must make your application within 3 years of the complaint arising. The Ombudsman can investigate an issue or complaint which you feel involves maladministration.

It is worth noting that the Ombudsman's decision is binding. The Ombudsman cannot investigate complaints if legal proceedings have already commenced.

Contact the Pensions Ombudsman

10 South Colonnade, 
Canary Wharf, 
E14 4PU

Telephone: 0800 9174487

Pensions Ombudsman Website


What is the Pensions Regulator?

The Pensions Regulator replaced the Occupational Pensions Regulatory Authority.

The Pensions Regulator has the ability to protect members of the pension scheme. In extreme cases the regulator has:

  • the power to fine trustees or employers
  • remove trustees from the scheme.

Contact the Pensions Regulator

To contact the Pension Regulator, please see the details below:

Napier House, Trafalgar Place, Brighton, BN1 4DW


Telephone: 0345 600 1011 

The Pensions Regulator website

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service