Skip to content

Report a problem with a road or pavement

If you need to report something that is causing an immediate danger or is an emergency please call 0300 1234 222.

To let us know about a problem you have found with a road or pavement, please use the forms below.

Track the progress of something you have reported

Electrical problem

Report a problem with:

  • a street light
  • illuminated street signs and bollards
  • non emergency issues with permanent traffic lights
  • controlled pedestrian crossings

Report an electrical problem


Report a pothole in a road or pavement

Report a pothole online

Hedges and verges

Report issues with overgrown hedges, trees or verges.

Report an issue with a hedge or verge online

Please do not use this form for routine/general grass cutting requests. 

Find out more about grass cutting

Minor flooding and blocked drains


  • standing water (after it has stopped raining)
  • flooding
  • blocked drain
  • water flowing from adjoining land
  • flooding of property

Report minor flooding and blocked drains on the highway

Parking issues

Report an illegal parking issue to our parking enforcement team. 

Report illegal parking online

Temporary road works

Report an issue with:

  • traffic lights
  • skips
  • scaffolds
  • hoardings
  • other issues with roadworks

This may include cones, pedestrian barriers, unprotected excavations and Builders’ materials.  As well as footway crossings, banners or bunting.

Report an issue with temporary road works online

Road surfaces

Report issues with roads, including:

  • large areas of uneven surface
  • depressions
  • trench failure
  • edge deterioration
  • crazing or crumbling road surface

Please do not use this form to report potholes

Report an issue with a road surface online

Road markings, signs and bollards

Report a damaged or missing road sign, road marking or bollard.

Report an issue with road markings, signs and bollards

Fences or barriers

Report damaged safety barriers or fences on the road.

Report damaged fences or barriers


Report broken or rocking manholes or drain covers.

Report an issue with a manhole or drain cover online

Bridges and structures

Report issues with damaged bridges, retaining walls or structures. 

Report issues with bridges and structures

Street furniture

Street furniture is a collective term for objects and pieces of equipment installed along streets and roads for various purposes such as bike racks, bins, bus stops, planter boxes etc.

Report an issue with street furniture online

Mud, debris or spillages

Report an issue with mud, debris or spillages on the road

Report mud, debris or spillages on the road

Other issues

Report any other road defects not listed in the options above.

Examples might include: missing/uneven block paving, loose kerbs, minor (not dangerous) land/hedge slip. 

Report other issues with roads, highways or a footway

Please do not use this to report emergencies. Call 0300 1234 222.

For general highways enquiries please contact us using the form below.

Use our contact form

Public rights of way issues

A public right of way is a route over land which the public has a legal right to use at any time. Some paths may be surfaced although most are tracks across countryside owned by landowners. These are not highways or roads.

Report an issue on a public footpath, bridleway or byway.

Report a public rights of way issue

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service