Street works

In this section

The Council’s Street Works team coordinate road works, temporary highways licences and community events to make sure that congestion on the roads is kept to a minimum. 

Image of a skip outside a property

Placing a skip on the highway

When carrying out any building work, maintenance or removal of any part of a property, it may be necessary to hire a builder’s skip to remove the debris. Find out if you need to apply for a licence.

Bunting in the street

Street decoration

Banners, buntings and seasonal lights are often put up to enhance the atmosphere of special events. Find out how to apply for a licence if you want to put up banners, bunting, seasonal lights or hanging baskets.

Scaffolding on the highway

Scaffolding on the highway

If your works require you to put up a structure on the highway you are required to get a licence. Find out how to apply for a scaffold, mobile tower/fencing or hoarding licence.

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service