We consult individuals and organisations on planning applications. Find out about:
- the online planning register
- how to respond
- what happens after we receive your comments.
This is a tool which enables you to:
- receive consultations
- view planning applications
- comment on applications (comments upload and you can view them online straight away)
- receive notification of decisions.
We encourage town and parish councils to use this tool.
Our Public Access system benefits anyone wishing to comment on an application:
- submit comments online which instantly upload to the planning system
- you can view online immediately
- you know we have received your comments
- track applications – if you have commented on an application, the system notifies you of the decision
- you can track applications of interest without the need to comment
- you can register areas/locations of interest and be notified of applications within that area.
Please use this link for the Public Access system: online planning register
Commenting on planning applications
Please use these links for help with commenting:
The life of a planning application
These links help understanding of the planning process. The online tool takes you from beginning to end.
- Application process
- Notification and publicity of planning applications
- Role of Divisional Ward Member in Planning
- Role of Local Councils in Planning
- Discharging planning conditions
- How planning applications are decided
- Revisions and amendments to planning applications
- Day in the life of a planning application online tool
Planning policy and supplementary information
There is a lot of information on our website that can help your response. These links to other areas and pages could assist:
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.Use our contact us form
- 0300 1234 151