You can download the adopted Cornwall Local Plan below
- Adopted Cornwall Local Plan Strategic Policies
- Cornwall Local Plan: Community Network Area Sections
- Policies Maps
The Cornwall Local Plan was formally adopted in November 2016. It provides a positive and flexible planning policy framework for Cornwall up to 2030.
The Local Plan covers the period up to 2030. The Council must consider every five years whether the plan remains up to date (in accordance with Regulation 10a of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2017). The review, accepted by Cabinet on 22nd September 2021, concluded that the Plan remains up to date and continues to carry full weight in decision-making.
The Adoption Statement and background documents are available to download below:
- Statement of Adoption
- Cornwall Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Adoption Statement
- Cornwall Local Plan Inspector's Report
- Schedule of Major Modifications
You can find documents relating to this under the Examination library for the Local Plan.
Some policies from previous plans remain saved. These include policies from:
- the Local plans of the former District and Borough Councils
- the Minerals and Waste Plans of the former County Council