Skip to content

Share your memories of your special day

We would love you to tell us about your ceremony and share some of your photos, videos and comments with us.

Privacy notice

Who will control my data?

The Data Controller for the images of your ceremony is

Cornwall Council
New County Hall
Treyew Road

Data Protection Registration Number: Z1745294

There’s something I don’t understand

If you need help in understanding or completing this form, please contact the Ceremonies team on telephone number 0300 1234 181 or by emailing

How we will use the information about you

The Registration Service, under the banner of My Cornwall Wedding, would like to have your consent and permission to take and use photographs, videos and/or comments of you and your guests as a record of your event and for our promotional purposes for the council.

Photographs, videos and/or comments may appear in any of the following:

  • our social media sites
  • website
  • newsletters (electronic or printed)
  • in printed materials produced for promotional purposes including
    • leaflets
    • posters
    • our brochure
    • adverts
  • in materials sent out to the media
  • or in reports to funding bodies

We will not;

  • Use the photographs, video or comments for any other purposes than those mentioned above
  • Include personal details such as email, postal addresses, telephone or fax numbers on our website, social media, printed materials or other marketing or promotional materials as detailed above

Copyright of any photographs/video we have taken, will remain with Cornwall Council. (Your professional photographers’ images are not included within this statement)

Please note; Websites and social media can be viewed worldwide in countries not subject to UK law.

Who else will we share your information with?

We will not share your images, videos or comments without your consent.

How long will you keep this information for?

Your consent will be valid for a period of three years from the date you sign this form. After the three year period we will not use your images in any new publication or communication. However, there may still be publications in the public domain after your consent has expired.

Your data will be securely deleted 3 years after the date you sign this form from the Cornwall Council data base. However, there may still be publications in the public domain after this period.

What are my data rights?

Your personal information belongs to you and you have the right to:

  • be informed of how we will process it
  • request a copy of what we hold about you and in commonly used electronic format if you wish (if you provided this to us electronically for automated processing, we will return it in the same way)
  • have it amended if it’s incorrect or incomplete
  • have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it)
  • withdraw your consent if you no longer wish us to process
  • restrict how we process it
  • object to us using it for marketing or research purposes
  • object to us using it in relation to a legal task or in the exercise of an official authority
  • request that a person reviews an automated decision where it has had an adverse effect on you

How do I exercise these rights?

Withdrawal of consent in relation to your ceremony images

Under article 7 of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. In the event that you wish to withdraw this please contact the council on 0300 1234 181 or email to request withdrawal of your consent. Consent will then be removed within 30 calendar days of receipt of the request to withdraw.

Please note that any pictures or comments printed in our brochure, or any other printed material, cannot be withdrawn once printed. However they would not be included in subsequent publications.

If you would like to access any of the information, we hold about you or have concerns regarding the way we have processed your information, please contact:

Data Protection Officer
Cornwall Council
County Hall

Tel: 01872 326424

I don’t agree with something

We would prefer any complaints to be made to us initially so that we have the opportunity to see if we can put things right. However, if you are unhappy with the way we have processed your information or how we have responded to your request to exercise any of your rights in relation to your data, you can raise your concerns direct with the Information Commissioner’s Office Tel No. 0303 123 1113 Information Commissioner's website

Consent form

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service