Cornwall Council Building Control are part of the national LABC network. We undertake a thorough plan check and do site inspections across Cornwall.
LABC is the body representing all local authority building control departments in England and Wales.
With 3,000 professional surveyors and support technicians members nationally.
LABC promotes the design and construction of buildings that are safe, accessible and environmentally efficient as well as compliance with the Building Regulations.
This helps to avoid costly issues arising later. Our site inspection teams are based in Camborne, Bodmin and Liskeard. We are able to offer next day inspections if booked by 5pm the day before.
Isles of Scilly applications will be pre-booked to fit in with our regular visits to the islands. Please contact us on 01872 224792 (option 1) to arrange.
We are the largest Building Control provider in Cornwall.
LABC recognise quality design and construction with their annual Built In Quality Awards. For information on nominations for future awards please contact a member of our team.
Why use Local Authority Building Control (LABC)?
- we are independent and not for profit
- we have unrivalled local knowledge
- we can visit at short notice
- we are IOS 9001 accreditation
- we are part of the national LABC network
Customers can choose to use the services of an alternative provider called Approved Inspectors. Yet, we believe that the client should be free to decide this for themselves.
Recent happy customers commented:
- "Good Morning, I’d like to say how pleased I was with our recent contact with your department. We are in the process of selling our house. A survey last week identified that we ought to have had a Building Regulation Certificate of Completion for our recent roof replacement. This as I am sure you can appreciate caused me concern. I’d like to thank you for the efficient and fast response to a situation which was causing me a great deal of stress."
- "Pete Keam provides excellent advice. Chris Stanbury quickly responds to provide fee quotations."
- "Excellent and knowledgeable officers and support staff."
- "I would like to register my thanks and compliments for an excellent service of Rob Deverell"
Choosing an Approved Inspector
If you choose to use an Approved Inspector you need to consider the following.
- How long has the Approved Inspector been in existence?
- Where is the Approved inspector based and how many staff do they have? How will this affect the frequency and timeliness of site inspections?
- Who is encouraging you to use an approved inspector, why might this be?
- What will happen if the approved inspector ceases to trade?
- If things go wrong, what procedures are in place to help your resolve the situation? If a problems arise approved inspectors can cancel you application with them. You would then need to make a Reversion Application to us. There is a fee for a Reversion Application.
For compliments, comments and complaints about building control please visit Listening and Learning page.