Keep up to date with current news in building control
SW Building Excellence Awards 2023
South West Winners & Highly Commended 2023
This years winners within Cornwall:
Winner: Best Small New Housing Development
Edith Walk - Cornwall
- Project Team: The Bazeley Partnership Ltd, Claydon Builders Ltd, John Grimes Partnership, Energy Performance Services
- Local Authority: Cornwall Council
Winner: Best Residential Site Manager
Lewis Paget, JS Construction Solutions Ltd
Local Authority: Cornwall Council
Winner: Public Service Superstar
- Martin Pipet - Cornwall Council
Winner: Best Partnership with a Local Authority Building Control Team
- New Space Architecture with Devon Building Control Partnership
- ARCO2 Architecture Ltd with Cornwall Council
Again, congratulations all, and please feel free to spread your success far and wide by sharing the winners' page and if you're adding them on social media don't forget to use #LABCawards and @labcuk
Are you a regional winner?
Don't forget to book your place at the Grand Finals taking place on 19 January 2024
Revised Parts F and L, and new parts O and S of The Building Regulations came into force on 15 June 2022. Even if an application is deposited in advance of the 15 June 2022, all plots on that application must commence on site with valid work before 15 June 2023. If they do not, then the additional requirements of the revised Parts F and L, and new parts O and S of the Regulations will have to be complied with. This may need significant re-design, and plan re-check.
These transitional arrangements will apply to all Building Regulations applications where Parts F, L, O or S would apply. This will typically include:
- ‘new build’ projects
- changes of use works, and
- any other controlled building work described in Regulation 3 where compliance with parts F, L, O or S would be triggered.
The next step in ground-breaking reforms to give residents and homeowners more rights, powers and protections. Making homes across the country safer.
Find out more about the Building Safety Act.
Sign up for news and event information
Would you like to receive regular newsletters? These are to keep you informed of:
- the latest changes to the building regulations
- current technical issues
- lots of other useful information and advice
- CPD and training events
- other services offered by LABC
To receive the newsletters and information on CPD events, email email@example.com
LABC Building Bulletin
LABC Building Bulletin Newsletter subscribe now to receive future updates.