What you can expect of regulatory services within the Public Protection Service.
- run a business,
- are an employee or
- a member of the public,
we are committed to providing you with:
- an efficient,
- courteous and
- helpful service.
We comply with the Government's Regulators' Code and our commitment to this explains what you can expect of Cornwall Council's Communities and Public Protection Regulatory Services. We have established a Conflict of Interest Policy for our regulatory work.
We deliver services in a number of areas:
- Animal Health
- Environmental Health
- Environmental Protection
- Food Safety
- Health and Safety
- Port Health
- Trading Standards
Our aim is to make a fundamental contribution to the maintenance and improvement of public health, quality of life and wellbeing through
- Advising and enforcing legal compliance of businesses trading in Cornwall in order to
- ensure a fair trading economy,
- protect public health and
- improve standards of animal welfare.
- local business growth,
- a confident consumer marketplace,
- and improving the health and wellbeing of local people through best practice, new and innovative interactions.
- Protecting Cornwall’s environment and neighbourhoods from harm that undermines the quality of life and public health.
We do this through working in partnership with businesses we are a members of:
- Cornwall Better Business for All Partnership
- Cornwall Business Support Delivery Board
- Cornwall Chamber of Commerce
We also work in partnership with other services such as:
- Fire and Community Safety
- Planning, Housing and Regeneration
- Economic Development and Culture
- Growth Skills Hub
- other external organisations