What you can expect of regulatory services within the Public Protection Service.
- run a business,
- are an employee or
- a member of the public,
we are committed to providing you with:
- an efficient,
- courteous and
- helpful service
We comply with the Government's Regulators' Code.
Our commitment to this explains what you can expect of Cornwall Council's Communities and Public Protection Regulatory Services.
We have established a Conflict of Interest Policy for our regulatory work.
We deliver services in a number of areas:
- Animal Health
- Environmental Health
- Environmental Protection
- Food Safety
- Health and Safety
- Port Health
- Trading Standards
Our aim is to make a fundamental contribution to the maintenance and improvement of public health, quality of life and wellbeing through
- Advising and enforcing legal compliance of businesses trading in Cornwall in order to
- ensure a fair trading economy,
- protect public health and
- improve standards of animal welfare.
- local business growth,
- a confident consumer marketplace,
- and improving the health and wellbeing of local people through best practice, new and innovative interactions.
- Protecting Cornwall’s environment and neighbourhoods from harm that undermines the quality of life and public health
We do this through working in partnership with businesses we are a members of:
- Cornwall Better Business for All Partnership
- Cornwall Business Support Delivery Board
- Cornwall Chamber of Commerce
We also work in partnership with other services such as:
- Fire and Community Safety
- Planning, Housing and Regeneration
- Economic Development and Culture
- Growth Skills Hub
- other external organisations
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.Use our contact us form
- Environment Health and Licensing
- 0300 1234 212