If you are thinking about planting trees, or seeking advice or information please get in touch:
Drop a pin on our interactive map to show where you have planted trees
Forest for Cornwall and individuals
- Plant a tree in your garden – all trees can count towards Forest for Cornwall
- Grow trees from seed for a community planting
- Help out at your local community tree nursery or local tree planting project
Any tree planting in Cornwall since December 2019 can count towards Forest for Cornwall. (As long as they were not planted as part of a planning condition or other statutory requirement). Let us know about your tree planting activity so that it can become part of Forest for Cornwall on our Contact Us form.
Volunteer as a Tree Warden for your local town or parish
There are many Tree Wardens currently working across Cornwall to protect, conserve, and plant trees in their community. There are no requirements for becoming a tree warden apart from a love of trees and your local environment! If you think you might be interested in joining this thriving group get in contact via the Contact Us form or email email@example.com . We have a number of interesting events and training planned, including tree planting with advice on techniques and maintenance.
Come and join us!
Grow More Trees - Autumn seed search
Cornwall Council and Cornwall Wildlife Trust have partnered up to launch a county-wide autumn seed search. They are encouraging everyone to collect tree seeds to grow over the winter. This leaflet is packed with useful information on how to Grow More Trees. This includes how to collect seeds, and how to grow and look after them. It has detailed information on many of our native tree species. Invaluable for anyone looking to help our environment by increasing native trees in Cornwall! The Tree Council have also produced a handy advice page on how to grow trees.
Help and guidance for your project
Forest for Cornwall has dedicated funding for new tree planting projects. It has created a range of useful resources to help get projects off the ground. Please have a look at the following information to see what help is available:
- Seasonal maintenance advice for young trees
- Free trees and lists of additional funding available for tree planting schemes
- An example of a small scale woodland management plan
- An example of a large scale woodland management plan
- Template for a woodland management plan
- Tree planting guidance
- Tree species suggestion list
- Local tree nurseries that supply UK sourced and grown trees
- UK nurseries that supply UK sourced and grown trees
- Information on Contaminated land
- Community Orchards guidance
- Parish canopy maps (by request)
Tree planting and maintenance guidance
Get your 'I'm supporting Forest for Cornwall' badge for emails and documents or for sharing on social media!
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.Use our contact us form
- Forest for Cornwall
- Forest for Cornwall Programme Team