Early help

What is the Early Help Hub?

The 'front door' to Early Help services led by Cornwall Council and Cornwall Foundation Trust. The Early Help Hub looks at requests for help. These can be submitted by parents and / or professionals with consent, and identify:

  • the right help
  • at the right time
  • by the right service

The early help hub also looks at voluntary and community sector (VCS) organisations who can offer help and support.

Who is eligible for Early Help Services

Children and young people who are aged pre-birth to 18. If the young person has a special educational need or disability, who have need for early help care and support, this is extended up to age 25.

Who can request Early Help services

Professionals, parents and young people can request help, however please note:

  • parents / carers must hold Parental Responsibility (PR)
  • children and young people must be old enough to consent for themselves (age 13 years or above)
  • professionals must have sought consent from parent / carer or competent young person

List of Early Help Services

Parents and/or professionals can request:

The following early help services can only be requested by a professional:

Select referral form for the above services

For any mental health concerns you may wish to call the 24/7 NHS mental health response line for support and advice. Call them free on 0800 038 5300, any time day or night if you are worried about your own or someone else’s mental health. The team behind our 24/7 open access telephone response line will listen to you and determine how best to help.

Child and Adolescent Mental Health

CAMHS referral form

Return all completed CAMHS referrals to cft.camhsreferrals@nhs.net

Health visitor and School Nurse Advice Line

The Health Visitor and School Nurse Advice Line is part of the Early Help Hub. It provides basic health advice and guidance to families and professionals.

Consider contacting this team on the details below, before submitting a health request. They can provide lots of helpful information and signposting on a range of health issues including:

  • childhood emotions
  • toileting
  • eating
  • breastfeeding

along with other health issues.

The team will either email or call you back.

How to make a request

Please click on blue button below to submit an early help request. By giving us as much information as possible, this allows us to make more timely and appropriate support. Please ensure you also give us the most accurate contact details. This helps prevent delays in contacting families and processing requests.

If you know the service you are requesting please indicate this. If you are unsure, then you can tick unsure.

Complete an Early help request

What happens once you have made a request for help?

  1. Once you have completed the online form above, the request is sent to the Early Help Hub. You can be emailed a copy of your request if selected
  2. We will carry out extra checks with health, education and social care, to ensure the right support is offered
  3. Your request, with any extra information, will be looked at (within 48 hours). You may be contacted for further information, to ensure you access the right service, or signpost you and your family to the right support.
  4. You will be informed of the outcome of the request by letter or email.

Our contact details

If you need any further advice, please contact us using the details below.

Please note that requests cannot be made by phone, unless there are specific communication difficulties.

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service