Supporting children aged 0-5 in the early years
The Early Years Service helps the youngest children (aged 0-5) in Cornwall to learn, play and develop.
Most children we work with are aged between 2 and 4 and attend an early years setting such as:
- day nursery
- school nursery
Some children may be younger or have not yet started in pre-school.
Who is in the Early Years Service?
Our staff have a range of professional qualifications and experience in working with younger children. This includes children with special educational needs and disabilities.
The majority of our team are teachers or have relevant educational qualifications. We have experience of:
- Early Years Foundation Stage
- working with maintained schools, academies and private, voIuntary and independent (PVI) settings.
The service consists of:
- Head of Service for Early Years and Foundation Stage
- Early Years Consultants
- Senior Area SENCOs
- Early Years Advisory Teachers and Specialist Child Development Teachers
- Early Years and Childminding Specialist Support Assistants
- SEN Inclusion workers and Social Communication Workers
- Learning and Development Lead for Early Years
We work to provide:
- general advice and support
- targeted work to children who may need some additional help
- specialist training, support and intervention programmes
- Professional consultancy and expertise to early years providers and schools
- pre and post Ofsted support
- bespoke packages to help develop inclusive provision
- support to settings and SENCOs in relation to individual children
All staff vary the support on offer so that the needs of individual children can be supported.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.