Skip to content

Health and Social Care

View the 2024 General Election results for the 6 Cornish constituencies

Most problems can be solved online. It's the quickest and most convenient way to get help. 

View the most frequently asked information and the solutions for those below.

Request help for an adult

We help adults with social care needs find care and support so they can live as independently as possible in their own homes. This includes:

  • older people
  • people with physical disabilities or learning disabilities
  • mental health service users

We can arrange for someone to work with you if you need help to understand what your needs are and how to access services you need.

Social care needs are:

  • making sure you eat well
  • looking after yourself
  • help with day to day living
  • emotional wellbeing and mental health
  • staying safe
  • supporting your family and friends to care for you

We also provide help for carers who look after relatives or friends who can’t manage on their own.

For help and advice about social care or support for an adult, you can request help online. We’ll ask you some questions to find out what you need and how you can be helped.

Request help online

Blue badge disabled parking permits

The national blue badge scheme provides parking concessions for people with certain disabilities. A blue badge lets you park closer to the shops and services you need to use, whether you’re the driver or a passenger in a car. The blue badge is for on-street parking only. There are different rules for off-street parking, like council, hospital or supermarket car parks.

Apply for a blue badge

Blue badge is lost, stolen or faded

Where a badge has been lost, stolen or destroyed, or has become so damaged/faded that it is illegible, a replacement badge can be issued. You will also need to submit one photograph and a £10.00 fee (cheques made payable to Cornwall Council).

Renew a blue badge

Help to stay living at home

People may need care at home if they are getting older, have a medical condition, recovering from a surgery or have a disability. There is a range of support available to help you or someone you know stay living at home and retain their independence.

Home care includes but is not limited to:

  • personal care such as help with bathing, using the toilet, washing your hair or getting dressed
  • personal care with domestic help – cleaning, laundry, meal preparation
  • health care for medical or clinical aid in the home
  • outreach

View our help to stay living at home information

Child protection and safeguarding

If you are concerned about a child's safety please contact the Multi Agency referral Unit (MARU) on 0300 123 1116.

We will undertake an assessment when someone is concerned about a child. The assessment gives us an opportunity to talk to the family, if appropriate, to plan the right help for you to solve these problems.

Raise a concern about a child

Support for carers

You can find information for carers including information for carers for adults, carers for children. You can also find information on services for carers and contacts for carers on our carers pages.

View our carers information

Still need help?

If your query is still not answered you can try looking at our health and social care information or use the options below.

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service