For those who were due to have their rubbish or clinical waste collected on Monday 19 it will be collected on today, Monday September 26
COVID-19 working arrangements
The normal collection day, displayed during the ordering process for your area, may change by up to 3 days. Our contractor will attempt to contact you to confirm your collection day at least one working day in advance. If for any reason they are unable to contact you, please leave your waste out on the day displayed during the booking process.
You can use our household bulky waste collection service for items that are too big for normal household rubbish and recycling collections. There is a charge for this service.
Before ordering your household bulky waste collection please look at the information on this page to find out:
- how much it costs
- what we cannot collect
- and please read our summary Terms and Conditions - they contain important information about how to prepare and present your items for collection, when we can accept a request for cancellation and when we can and cannot refund you.
Please note that we cannot take commercial waste. If you run a business, which includes holiday accommodation and charities, please see our commercial waste page.
Household bulky waste items are categorised as:
- Standard items - we can collect the first 4 items for £30.00 per order; you can also add up to an additional 4 items per order for £12.00 per item
- Small special items - these are priced at £25.00 per item and can be collected on their own or as part of an order containing standard items and/or large special items
- Large special items - these are priced at £40.00 per item and can be collected on their own or as part of an order containing standard items and/or small special items
When you book your collection you will see the price of each item when you add it to your basket up to a maximum of 8 items per order of any category combination.
You can also search our Household Bulky Waste Collection Price Check tool first to see which pricing category applies for the items you want us to collect,
As a general guide:
- any item you would normally take with you during a house move is usually classed as a standard item
- fixtures and fittings that you would not take with you during a house move are usually classed as special items.
- Some exceptionally large, heavy or awkward to move items, may be classed as a special item or an item that we cannot collect.
We only collect once a week for any postcode area on a set day of the week. You can check the first part of your postcode against our Household Bulky Waste Collection Days to find out which day of the week we collect in your area.
Please be aware the service operates Monday to Friday, including Bank Holidays, except Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
You can only place one order for a maximum of 8 items of any category combination for any one collection day. If you have more than 8 items, you will need to wait and place a separate order for a subsequent week for the remaining items.
We can’t take any of the following household bulky waste items.
Please note this list is not exhaustive but contains items we regularly receive enquiries about:
- Bathroom tiles
- Bidet (ceramic/porcelain)
- Boilers (cast iron)
- Bricks from a night storage heater
- Car parts / car engines
- Chemicals / paints / solvents / liquid fuels
- Commercial waste
- Crates of mixed waste
- Dismantled decking
- Drain covers
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garage doors
- Gas bottles, any size
- Garden rollers
- Garden waste
- Glass sheets/greenhouse glass panes
- Hazardous waste
- Mobility scooters
- Loft insulation
- Night storage heaters (with bricks)
- Oil tanks
- Patio doors larger than 80 cm x 205 cm (2 ft 5 in x 6 ft 6 in)
- Pianos (upright/grand/baby grand)
- Plastic guttering
- Ride-on lawn mowers
- Roofing tiles
- Sailing dinghies
- Shower trays (ceramic/porcelain)
- Sinks and pedestals (ceramic/porcelain)
- Toilets (ceramic/porcelain)
- Tree trunks
- Wood burning stoves (cast iron)
Please visit our missed collection page to report online.