COVID-19 working arrangements
The normal collection day, displayed during the ordering process for your area, may change by up to 3 days. Our contractor will attempt to contact you to confirm your collection day at least one working day in advance. If for any reason they are unable to contact you, please leave your waste out on the day displayed during the booking process.
You can use our household bulky waste collection service for items that are too big for normal household rubbish and recycling collections. There is a charge for this service.
Before ordering your household bulky waste collection please look at the information on this page to find out:
- how much it costs
- what we can't collect.
Please note that we cannot take commercial waste. If you run a business, which includes holiday accommodation and charities, please see our commercial waste page.
Household bulky waste is split into three categories:
- standard items - £26
- small special items - £24
- large special items - £37.75
The cost of a household bulky waste collection will depend on the category of item(s) you wish to have collected.
When you book your collection you will see the price of each item when you add them to your basket. You can also search our Household Bulky Waste Collection Price Check tool first.
As a general guide:
- any item you would normally take with you during a house move is usually classed as a standard item
- fixtures and fittings that you would not take with you during a house move are usually classed as special items.
- Some exceptionally large, heavy or awkward to move items, may be classed as a special item or an item that we cannot collect.
We will collect up to four standard bulky waste items with your order. This will cost £26.00.
You can add up to four additional standard items to your order. It is £10.75 per item.
We collect small special bulky waste items for £24.00 per item. We can’t collect these as part of the standard collection
You can check the first part of your postcode against our Household Bulky Waste Collection Days list.
Please be aware the service does not operate on Bank Holidays and an alternative day will be given where the normal collection day falls on a bank holiday.
When you make a booking you will be able to search for items and add them to your collection.
The price will be calculated for you.
You can only place one order for a maximum of 8 items of any combination for any one collection day. If you have more than 8 items, you will need to split your items into more than one order for different collection days.
Use the link below to;
- Step 1. Book your collection
- Step 2. Pay for your items
We can’t take any of the following household bulky waste items.
Please note this list is not exhaustive but contains items we regularly receive enquiries about:
- Bathroom tiles
- Bidet (ceramic/porcelain)
- Boilers (cast iron)
- Bricks from a night storage heater
- Car parts / car engines
- Chemicals / paints / solvents / liquid fuels
- Commercial waste
- Crates of mixed waste
- Dismantled decking
- Drain covers
- Fluorescent tubes
- Garage doors
- Gas bottles, any size
- Garden rollers
- Garden waste
- Glass sheets/greenhouse glass panes
- Hazardous waste
- Mobility scooters
- Loft insulation
- Night storage heaters (with bricks)
- Oil tanks
- Patio doors larger than 80 cm x 205 cm (2 ft 5 in x 6 ft 6 in)
- Pianos (upright/grand/baby grand)
- Plastic guttering
- Ride-on lawn mowers
- Roofing tiles
- Sailing dinghies
- Shower trays (ceramic/porcelain)
- Sinks and pedestals (ceramic/porcelain)
- Toilets (ceramic/porcelain)
- Tree trunks
- Wood burning stoves (cast iron)