Before you report a missed collection
Please check our list of possible reasons why your waste may not have been collected.
Report a missed collection
What happens next
If you report a missed collection, our contractor will investigate. They will check their vehicle tracking data and on-board CCTV footage. This will confirm that your waste was out for collection by 7.00 am and was missed by their collection crew.
- Reports received by 12pm midday Monday to Friday
Our contractor will contact you by 1pm. They will return by 6pm the same day if they have confirm they missed your waste.
- Reports received between 12pm midday and 6pm Monday to Friday
Our contractor will contact you by 6pm. They will return by 12pm midday the next day if they have confirm they missed your waste.
- Reports received after 6pm or on Saturdays and Sundays
Our contractor will contact you in the morning on the next working day. They will return by 12pm midday that day if they confirm they have missed your waste.
Please consider these possible reasons why your waste may not have been collected before you log a missed collection:
Your waste was not out for collection by 7am
If you put it out later, you may have missed the collection crew who start their rounds at 7am. You can check your collection day by using the my area page.
The waste contained things we cannot collect
We can only take normal household waste. Please see our rubbish collection page for more information.
You used the wrong container
- You presented your household rubbish (residual waste) in a brown garden waste bin. Brown bins are only to be used for garden waste (if you subscribe to the service). They are collected on a separate round by a different collection crew. The household rubbish collection crew will not check brown bins for household rubbish.
- Your recycling was not separated out into the appropriate containers. Please check our what goes into each container page if you're unsure how to sort your recycling.
You put bulky waste out for collection
You put garden waste out for collection
You should not put garden waste out amongst any other type of waste. You can:
- subscribe to our Garden Waste Collection Service
- compost it at home or
- take it to one of our Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs)
Your waste contained too much clinical waste
If you produce more than a third of a black bag per week of non-infectious clinical waste, you will need to request a Clinical Waste Collection.
You should never put any infectious waste or clinical sharps into your normal household waste.
The collection round is later than usual
If the waste for the rest of your street hasn’t been collected, the collection may be running late. Please wait until the end of the working day to report a missed collection. Our collection contractor’s rounds operate until 6pm.
Your collection has been missed many times
If your collection has been missed several times, the collection crew may not have seen your waste.
Please provide your contact details when you report your missed collection. Our contractor’s admin team can contact you to check where you normally leave your waste for collection.