- You can use this fortnightly garden waste collection service for things like:
- grass clippings
- This service is for domestic households only. Businesses, including self-catering and holiday let properties, are not eligible to apply
- If you're subscribing for the first time, you need to buy one of our brown bins or reusable bags when you sign up
- If you've already got one of our brown bins or bags and are renewing your annual subscription you only need to pay for the collection service.
- You'll need a separate subscription for each bin or bag you own, so if you have two bins you need two collection subscriptions
- Please read our Terms and Conditions before signing up. They contain important information about:
- container warranties
- when we can accept a request for a refund
- To receive our fortnightly garden waste collections you need to sign up for a subscription to the service
- The subscription year runs from 1 April to 31 March
- If you take out a subscription after April, you will only pay for the number of months left until the end of the current subscription year. For example, if you sign up in June, you will only be charged for 10 months (June to March inclusive)
- As the subscription year ends on 31 March, we stop accepting new applications in January each year as the service only has a few months left to run
- In mid-February we start taking subscriptions for the new year which starts on 1 April
Subscription Price for 2023/24
240 litre bin
140 litre bin
70 litre reusable bag
- If you're subscribing to the collection service for the first time, you will also need to buy one of our brown bins or a reusable bag to put your garden waste in so that we can collect it
- You cannot buy a container from elsewhere to use with our service
- This is a one-off charge in your first year and then you should continue to use the bin/bag you bought from us in subsequent years
One off Container Price for 2023/24
240 litre bin
140 litre bin
70 litre reusable bag
- Your bin/bag will be delivered within 8 calendar days from receipt of your payment
- Please provide a safe location when you place your order where we can leave your bin/bag if we deliver it before 8.00 am or when there's no-one at home
- If we deliver after 8.00 am and someone is at home, we will ask for a signature. Otherwise, your bin/bag will be left at your safe location and we'll take a photo as proof it's been delivered
- When you receive your bin/bag, it's a good idea to mark it with your house name/number and street. This is so that when we come to empty it, we know it belongs to a property with a valid subscription
- If you change your mind after your bin/bag has been delivered and wish to cancel your subscription, you will need to contact us on 0300 1234 141 within 5 working days of its delivery. Providing that it has not been used and you haven't received a collection yet, we will return to collect it and cancel your subscription. There will be a £7.00 charge for this return visit which will be deducted from any refund due after the bin/bag has been collected
Buy a replacement container
If you need to replace your existing bin/bag part way through the year, please call us on 0300 1234 141 and have your debit/credit card ready to pay for your order
Please use the button below:
Please note: Mapping systems will be unavailable on Monday 11 December between 6.30-8pm and 10-11pm. This is due to essential maintenance.
This will cause disruption to any forms or services using an address lookup including planning, my area and the salting map tool. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
- Grass cuttings
- Organic sweepings
- Tree, shrub and rose prunings
- Branches (up to 30cm long and 2.5cm diameter, for example, broom handle width)
- Cut flowers
- Cardboard, glass, metal and plastic
- Food waste, including vegetable peelings
- Turf, soil, compost and rubble
- Plant pots
- Animal bedding and faeces
- Invasive species, such as Japanese knotweed, ragwort, giant hogweed, common ragwort, bamboo
- Compostable bags
- Coffee pods
Existing garden waste customers
Your next collection day can be checked on the My Area page of our website. Please be aware this only shows collections due within the next 2 weeks.
New garden waste customers
- want to know what day of the week your collection is likely to be before signing up to the service, or
- have been unable to find out your collection day
you can check the map of garden waste collection days. Please note the day is not guaranteed.
Once you have signed up to the service, your actual collection day will be available to check on the My Area page of our website within 2 working days. Please bear in mind that this only shows collections within the next 2 weeks. If your collections don't start until April, they won't show until mid/late March.
If you subscribe to the garden waste collection service and are moving house, when you have your confirmed moving date you will need to:
- Contact us with your new address details and the date you want collections to start from there
- Remember to take your garden waste bin/bag with you when you move
The bins are only designed to take the items shown in the "what can I put in my garden waste" section above. Please bear in mind that plastic degrades over time due to general wear and tear, and when left outside due to the effects of the sun and other weather conditions. Your bin will not last forever. We do provide a 12 month warranty for bins (3 months for bags) against manufacturing defects. This excludes circumstances when the bin has been misused. This includes overfilling or compacting the garden waste within your bin.
To prolong the life of your bin, please ensure you don’t over fill it or forcibly compact the garden waste within it. This causes pressure to build up against the plastic sides which can cause them to weaken and split. This shortens the life of your bin. Similarly bins that are too heavy are at increased risk of becoming damaged during the emptying process.
This would not be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty or be the liability of the council or our collection contractor. In that event, any replacement costs for the bin would have to be met by the customer.
- You can compost at home. Composters can be purchased from Get Composting or from most garden centres
- You can take it to one of our Household Waste and Recycling Centres where you can dispose of it for free
Please visit our missed collection page to report online. You can only do this if you have subscribed to our collections service for the current year. If you leave garden waste out for collection without having renewed your annual subscription your container will be tagged. It will not be emptied.
If you do not have a current subscription and still wish to benefit from collections please renew your subscription.