Important: Please note our collections contractor is changing. All new orders will now be collected by Biffa Municipal Services Ltd.
We recommend that you read our full terms and conditions before placing your order.
A summary of our terms and conditions which highlights the main points you need to be aware of can be found below.
We would strongly advise you to read this before placing your collection order. It explains:
- what you need to do in advance of your collection day
- how you must present your items
- what to do if you need to change or cancel your order and when this must be done by
- Only the day of the week that household bulky waste collections operate in your area is advised during the booking process. Your actual date of collection will depend on:
- when your order is placed
- the processing time for your chosen method of payment
- when the order is received by our contractor
- Our contractor, will attempt to contact you by telephone to confirm the actual date of your collection beforehand.
- If for any reason they are unable to contact you, please leave your waste out on the day advised during the booking process by 7.00 am. It must be left at the boundary of your property/or the collection point specified on your order
- You may contact us on 0300 1234 141 if:
- you do not hear from our contractor within the expected timescale
- you are concerned there has been a problem receiving or processing your order.
Items for collection
- Items placed out for collection remain your responsibility until collected by the Contractor. They must not be left anywhere that obstructs the highway, pavement or poses a risk to others.
- You do not have to be at home when our contractor collects your items but they must be accessible. Our contractor will not enter your home or associated buildings to collect items.
- Make sure that doors of fridges and freezers are closed. This prevents animals and children becoming trapped inside.
- Domestic fridges, freezers, etc, must be emptied before collection. Our contractor reserves the right to refuse to collect these items if they still contain food, drink or other perishable items.
- The contractor will not dismantle, disconnect or empty any bulky household items before removing them.
- Any items that are still connected, fixed to walls, or containing food, etc, will not be collected and no refund will be given.
- This service is for domestic bulky waste only. We do not collect from commercial or business premises.
- Only the item type(s) and quantity stated on your order will be collected. Our Contractor will not collect additional/alternative items to those stated on your order.
Order amendments and cancellations
- If you wish to amend or add items to your order, you may only do so by ringing us on 0300 1234 141 up until 6pm on the last working day before your collection day.
- There may be a charge for adding or changing items on your order depending on which pricing category they fall under. For example standard item, additional standard item, small special item, large special item. Any additional charge that may be due must be received by the above time before we can amend your order with our contractor.
- If you wish to cancel your order, you may only do so by ringing us on 0300 1234 141 up until 6pm on the last working day before your collection day. We must receive your cancellation request by this time for you to be eligible for a refund.