You can register a death with us through our Tell Us Once service.
The Cornwall Bereavement Network brings together bereavement services from across the county with the aim of making it easier for those who have experienced the death of a loved one to find support and information. You can find out more by visiting their website.
We will help with the council tax accounts and benefit claims for example :
- If you are the only adult in the household, we will give you a single person discount.
- If the person was an owner-occupier who lived alone, you can apply for an exemption for the property from council tax until it's occupied again, or until probate is granted. However, charges may become payable after six months.
- If there is any refund due we will pay to the executors of the estate.
- If there is any money outstanding we will send a bill to the executors of the estate, who can contact us to discuss a suitable payment plan.
- If the household is claiming Housing Benefit and/or Council tax Support we will adjust the claim as necessary.