Skip to content

Alcohol and entertainment licence

Under the Licensing Act 2003 we are responsible for:

  • licensing the sale or supply of alcohol,
  • sale or supply of alcohol to a club member or guest of a qualifying club,
  • regulated entertainment and the sale of late night refreshments where hot food or drink is sold between 11pm and 5am. 

Please visit our Licensing Act 2003 page for further information relating to:

  • the licences,
  • the legislation
  • guidance documents for applicants.

Apply for a licence

There are four main licences under the Licensing Act 2003.  If you need help with your application, then take advantage of our Licensing Direct services. Where we will assist you with your application from start to finish. Over 1000 applicants have used this service. Customers surveyed said that they would either recommend or use this service again.

Entertainment licence

  • Hypnotism

There is a comprehensive range of business regulatory support services available to help and advise businesses to be more successful and compliant.

Register of licensed premises 

You can view the latest register of licensed premises under the Licensing Act 2003.

The register includes :

  • all premises which sell/supply alcohol
  • and/or provide regulated entertainment
  • and/or provide late night refreshment.

Sites of Special Scientific Interest

If proposed licensable activities are taking place on a site of special scientific interest (SSSI) please note consent is also required from Natural England.

Give notice and get consent for a planned activity on a SSSI 

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service