Cornwall Council is working with ENGIE’s Genie Point network to provide charge points. These are for use by:
- the general public
There are 2 types of charge points; superfast and fast.
What’s the difference?
- Superfast – 43/50 kW (AC/DC) points deliver ‘rapid charge’ to enable onward travel
- Fast – 7/22 kW (AC) points deliver 'fast charge’ for general day-to-day destination charging
Information about home charging
Cornwall Council is not involved in the provision of household charging facilities. Residents can find out more about the Government grants that are available. They can find information if they:
- are interested in installing their own domestic charging facilities
- have suitable off-street parking
Charging at the charge points is not free
ENGIE is responsible for charge pricing. Before you can use the charge points you will need:
- an ENGIE charge point Genie card
- to download the ENGIE app
You can find more information on the ENGIE GeniePoint website. You can also find out how to register for a card.
The Council takes no revenue from the power supplied to customers.
Your local charge point
- Blackwater - Trevissome Park, A3075 nr. Blackwater (Superfast)
- Bodmin - Chy Trevail (fast)
- Bodmin - West End Motors, Bodmin Business Park (Superfast)
- Bude - Tourist Information Centre Car Park, The Crescent (Superfast)
- Callington - New Road North Car Park (Superfast)
- Camborne - Cornwall College, Camborne (Fast)
- Camborne - Cornwall Council Offices, Dolcoath Avenue (Fast)
- Camborne - Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service, Tolvaddon (Superfast)
- Camelford - Churchfield Car Park (Superfast)
- Falmouth - Town Quarry Car Park (Superfast)
- Looe - Millpool Car Park (Superfast)
- Lostwithiel - Earl of Chatham, Grenville Road (Superfast)
- Newquay - Albany car park, Newquay (Superfast)
- Newquay - Cornwall College, Newquay (Fast)
- Newquay - Newquay Cornwall Airport (Superfast)
- Okehampton - Whitehouse Services, A30 (Superfast)
- Plymouth - Theatre Royal Car Park (Superfast)
- Saltash - Cornwall College, Saltash (Fast)
- St Austell - Cornwall College, St Austell (Fast)
- St Austell - Enterprise Space for Advanced Manufacturing (fast)
- St Austell - Eden project (Superfast)
- St Austell - Holmbush Inn, Holmbush Road (Superfast)
- St Erth - Multi-Modal Hub (superfast and fast)
- Threemilestone - Langarth Park and Ride (Fast)
- Truro - County Arms, Highertown (Superfast)
- Truro - County Hall, Treyew Road, Truro (Fast)
- Truro - Tregurra Park and Ride (Fast)
Problems with charging
GeniePoint is responsible for maintaining charge points in good working order. All complaints regarding faults with GeniePoint charge points should be directed to GeniePoint Customer Services directly.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.