Below are standard documents relating to
- Section 38 and Section 278 technical approval documents
- Legal documents
- Drainage easements
- Street lighting easements
Some of these documents are for information only. You will not be able to print or edit these documents.
- Application form - Section 38 (pdf) (May 2021)
- Application form - Section 38 (Word) (May 2021)
- Application form - Section 278 (pdf) (May 2021)
- Application form - Section 278 (Word) (May 2021)
For large documents (up to 4gb) there is the option to upload these via the Council's Egress Form. Please note that we are unable to download documents from third party servers.
- Draft Section 38 Agreement (with mortgage) (May 2021)
- Draft Section 38 Agreement (without mortgage) (May 2021)
- Draft Section 278 Agreement - Developer Constructing (April 2019)
- Draft Section 278 Agreement - CC Constructing (April 2019)
- Drains and Soakaways (December 2011)
Street Light Easements
- Street Lights and Wall Mounted Lights (December 2011)
We are currently reviewing our Bonds policy. In the interim we will accept Bonds from NHBC and any accepted company. To be accepted a company must meet the accepted ratings range from one of the below rating agencies.
|Rating Agency||Accepted Rating Range|
|Standard and Poors||A A1|
|A.M Best||a AMB-1+|
We must accept your Bondsman before we progress your application.
Should you have any queries please contact email@example.com.
Advance Payments Code
- Draft APC Bond (August 2011)
You can request amendments to the Advance Payments Code Bond wording. A fee is payable per amendment request. We will not consider your request until you have paid the fee. This is payable irrespective of whether the amendment is accepted or not. Please forward any amendments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note time limited APC Bonds are not acceptable.
Please contact the case office on the APC notice for an engrossed Bond.
If not already completed identity verification checks must be undertaken.
The information required is set out in the following documents
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.