There is a range of national guidance on the design and construction of residential and commercial roads. The following guidance provides specific advice on our requirements.
This information is supplemental to, and should be read in conjunction with, national guidance. Please ensure that you are using the latest version of all documents.
- Construction specification (May 2017)
- Polished Stone Values (PSV's) for surface treatments (August 2012)
- Development layout design (June 2012)
- Traffic signal design guide (September 2019)
- Street lighting design guide (September 2019)
- Approved lights and signs (July 2019)
- Transport Infrastructure Design Guide (August 2019)
- Appendix A1 - Drawing A - no ends
- Appendix A2 - Drawing B - qtr ends
- Appendix A3 - Drawing C - half ends
- Appendix A4 - Drawing D - full ends
- Appendix A5 - Drawing E - enclosed
- Appendix A6 - Drawing F - enclosed single entry
- Appendix A7 - Drawing D - advertising shelter
- Appendix B - Bus Flag Design Layout
- Appendix C - Bus Stop Pole Layout
- Appendix D - Bus Boarder Easy Access Kerbing Layout
- Structures design guide (August 2012)
- Technical approval leaflet (April 2020)
- CG 300 - Technical Approval of Highway Structures (March 2020)
- ADEPT Guidance document on the implementation of structural Eurocodes (December 2010)
- Approval in principle (June 2020)
- Technical approval schedule (July 2014)
- Design and check certificate (October 2014)
- Drainage design guide (August 2017)
If you would like to receive updates when
- we amend the above documents or policies
- when new documents are made available
please email email@example.com.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.