Cornwall Council has introduced Pay on Exit technology in 9 of its major car parks. Each of these car parks has a barrier controlled access and exit. There are ANPR (Automatic Number Plate Recognition) cameras at the entrance and exit. The cameras will record the number plate of the vehicle and time of arrival.
The pay on exit car parks are currently:
- Harbour, Penzance
- Garras Wharf, Truro
- Moorfield, Truro
- Old Bridge Street, Truro (max stay 3 hours no return within 3 hours)
- The Manor, Newquay
- St Georges Road, Newquay
- Millpool, Looe
- The Island, St. Ives
- Trenwith, St. Ives
Payment for your parking is made at the end of your stay. You can pay at the pay station by either cash or card, or via the JustPark app (see below).
If you need a receipt for your payment by cash or card, please follow the on-screen instructions before you make your payment.
Pay using the JustPark app
You can pay using the JustPark app if you have a smartphone. Please make sure you have the latest version of the app.
- Standard payments using your smartphone. When you arrive at the entrance barrier you will need to take a ticket and then park. At the end of your stay, you can login to the JustPark App. Use your mobile phone to scan the barcode on the ticket issued to you when you entered the car park. You can then pay for your parking and your ticket will be validated. As you leave the car park, put the ticket into the machine beside the exit barrier to exit the car park.
- Pre-paid JustPark Wallet. If you would like to pay using your pre-paid Wallet, you will need to take a ticket on entry. Then activate a session upon arrival to the car park using the JustPark App. You will be asked to enter your vehicle registration mark (VRM) - if no VRM is found, an error message will alert you and you will be asked to scan your ticket. One of your credits will then be used as the payment method. You will be able to exit the car park by putting the ticket into the barrier terminal at the exit. If the exit barrier does not raise, please press the HELP button on the barrier terminal.
- If you have previously purchased JustPark Multiuse sessions, please see full details about how to redeem them.
The ANPR cameras will recognise the registration number that you submitted when you purchased your season or rover ticket. The barrier will raise to let you enter. If the ANPR camera does not recognise your registration number at the entrance, take a ticket. You will NOT be required to pay for this ticket as your parking charge is covered by your season or rover ticket. If you have any issues when leaving, please press the HELP button on the exit barrier terminal
It is important that you notify us immediately of any vehicle registration number changes should you change your vehicle (if eligible).
For vehicle changes please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A £10 administration fee is payable for any changes if allowed.
(This can take up to ten days so we need to be notified in advance of when you wish to park).
Please also refer to the terms and conditions of your Season or Rover ticket for the full list of car parks that can be used.
Moorfield and Old Bridge Street car parks are not included within the eligible car parks.
If you drive in and are unable to find a space, there is a short period of time where you can get back out without needing to pay.
This is long enough for a circuit of the car park to see if a space becomes available. It is not long enough to sit and wait as you may do in a traditional pay and display car park.
If you decide to sit and wait but still do not find a space, when you do leave, you will be charged for your stay in the car park from the time of entry.
There is a short period of time where you can access the car park to drop off re-cycling and you are able to get back out without needing to pay.
Blue Badge holders need to pay for their parking if they:
- do not drive a specially adapted vehicle or
- are not registered on Cornwall Council’s Disabled Nil tax exemption scheme
In these 9 pay on exit car parks the additional free hour parking that applies in the Council's pay and display car parks will no longer be available.
You will need to pay for the full length of time you park.
Blue Badge Holder registered on Cornwall Council’s Disabled Nil tax exemption scheme
- You need to drive to the barrier at the entrance to the car park.
- The ANPR camera will recognise your vehicle and the barrier will automatically rise.
- You will not be issued with a ticket and you do not need to pay to park.
If you are already registered you will be able to park for free in any Cornwall Council Pay and Display car park.
You do not need to re-register your vehicle details for these Pay on Exit car parks. You only need to re-register for your Disabled Exemption when your current registration expires.
It is important that you tell us immediately if you change your vehicle.
Please provide proof of your new nil/disabled tax entitlement. For vehicle changes contact email@example.com.
This can take up to ten days so please tell us in advance of when you wish to park.
Blue Badge Holder and use an adapted vehicle
Blue Badge holders who have a specially adapted vehicle are asked to register their vehicle.
- how to register
- what evidence you need to provide
- how long it will take to register your vehicle
Register for free parking if you have a vehicle adapted for a disabled personOnce you are registered, you need to drive to the barrier at the entrance to the car park. The ANPR camera will recognise your vehicle and the barrier will automatically rise. You will not be issued with a ticket and you do not need to pay to park.
Our Privacy Notice gives full information about how:
- Parking Services
- Parking Enforcement
use and share personal information which may be collected when carrying out services.