Motorhomes can park during the day in any of our car parks where they are a permitted class. Please see our council car park pages for information about individual car parks.
You should look at the information on the page for the car park you are wishing to use to check the weight restriction. If your vehicle exceeds that then you must not park. Please also check the table at the bottom of the car park page to see if it is suitable for touring caravans/trailers.
Overnight sleeping is banned in all of our Council car parks. There is also an overnight parking ban (11pm - 8am) with a £70.00 fine for motorhomes in these car parks:
- Cobweb - Boscastle
- Bude - Crescent, Crooklets, Summerleaze, The Wharf, Viewing Point North, Viewing Point South
- Carbis Bay - Porthrepta
- Falmouth - Gyllyngvase, Pendennis Point, The Dell, Town Quarry
- Fowey - Main, Readymoney
- Gwithian Towans
- Helston - Fairground
- Lelant - Lelant Saltings
- Looe - Kilminorth Woods, Millpool and Riverbank
- Marazion - Marazion Station
- Newquay - Belmont, Mount Wise, Pentire Headland, Towan Headland, Tregunnel, Trenance and Watergate Bay
- Padstow - Link Road
- Par Beach
- Penzance - Harbour, Wherrytown, Long Rock
- Perranporth - Wheal Leisure
- Polzeath - Polzeath Beach
- Porthtowan Beach
- Seaton - Seaton Park, The Bridge, Seaton Beach, Downderry Broadsyard
- St Ives - Trenwith
- Tintagel - Visitors Centre, Trebarwith Strand
- Truro - Edward Street, Garras Wharf, Moresk, Pydar Street
- Wadebridge - Piggy Lane
- Widemouth Bay
A motorhome is defined as any vehicle constructed or adapted for use as a mobile place of sleeping. This ranges from a custom built motorhome to an estate car with a mattress in the back.
We do not have specific bays for motorhomes/caravans. You will need to use standard parking bays. Please remember that you must pay for all parking bays you use. If your vehicle covers two or more spaces you will need to pay for each one.
You must not use disabled bays unless you are displaying a Blue Badge. You also cannot use any bays marked for specific users e. reserved or permit bays
See the Visit Cornwall website for details of caravan parks, campsites and holiday parks suitable for motorhomes.