Resident parking permit

Open the map in a new tabThe above interactive map shows the current resident parking zones across Cornwall. To quickly find an area with a resident zone, click on the bookmark ribbon in the top righthand corner of the map and select the area.

Check you are eligible and find out what permits are available

To apply for or renew your resident parking permit: 

  1. Please enter your postcode.
  2. Select your address to see if it is within a resident parking zone.
  3. If your address has a parking zone you will see which one you are resident in.
  4. You will see the link to click which will take you to the online zone home page where you can set up an account and apply for your permit online.
  5. If you are not able to apply online, please contact the Permit Team for an application form to be sent to you. Contact details are at the bottom of this page. Please note postal applications will take longer due to the extra time for the forms to reach us.

Applying for or renewing a permit/visitor permits

You can apply online for a new permit, or to renew your existing permit, between 7 and 37 days before it is required.

Please note that our Information Services (formally One Stop Shops) are currently unable to take payments or send documents in the post.

All permits can be applied for online.

Electronic Permits

Most Resident Permits are now electronic and you will not receive a paper permit to display. The following permits will still be sent a paper permit that must be displayed in your car:

  • Disabled Resident Permit
  • Informal Carer Permit
  • Business Type 2 permit

Visitor permits

If you are eligible to buy visitor permits, you can do so online using the address finder above.

If you are a resident who does not have a full resident permit you can still apply for visitor permits using the address finder above.

Visitor permits are now electronic and can be managed through your online permit account. If you wish to buy paper Scratchcards visitor permits, please contact the Permit Team using the details below. Please ensure you allow extra time for the visitor permit Scratchcards to be posted to you.

Evidence you will need to provide

Each time you apply for a resident parking permit you will need to provide evidence that you are eligible.  If you don't your request will not be processed.

Proof of residency

We can accept one of the following.

  • a current Cornwall Council tax bill
  • a utility bill (gas, water or electricity) dated in the last three months.

We are not able to accept other documents.

V5C – vehicle log book

  • You will need to send us a V5C, showing that your vehicle is registered to your address
  • You will not be issued a permit if you do not provide a copy of this

If you do not have your V5C or you have not amended your address you will need to contact the DVLA.

DVLA web pages

V5Cs with your address handwritten on it or Insurance documents will not be accepted.

Please contact us if;

  • you don’t yet have the specific evidence required - for example you are moving into a new property
  • If you have a company or lease vehicle and therefore do not have access to a V5C registration document, you can send us a letter from your employer on company headed paper, or a copy of your lease agreement. This must evidence that you have use of the vehicle so must show your name, address and the car’s registration number. Please use the details below to contact the Permit Team if you are unsure whether you have the correct evidence..

Care organisations

You can also find out if the resident you are caring for lives in a resident parking zone.  Please use the post code checker above.

If they do, you can apply to us to register your staff to use our mobile phone system to park whilst carrying out care duties.

Care Organisations do have to meet an eligibility criteria for approval for this.

Please use the contact details below for more information and to request an application form.


If you do not have a V5C registration document for the address you are applying for, you will need to supply:

  • the V5C of the vehicle registered in your name at your usual address
  • a letter from the education establishment you are attending.  This must confirm that you are registered as studying with them. It must also confirm that you are registered with them as living at the eligible address.

How the zones work

All resident zones operate under the following guidelines and terms and conditions:

How the permits work

The Resident Parking zone quick guide provides the following information:

  • permit fees
  • permit allowances
  • vehicle changes permitted

How long will it take to get my permit? 

When we receive your online application, we will process it as soon as we are able but it can take up to 7 working days to process during busy times. Once approved, your permit will not be active until it is paid for and the date you have requested it to start from. If you are applying by post, please allow extra time to ensure your application has time to reach us.

Please also note;

  • We cannot legally provide temporary permission for you to park in a zone until your current application has been approved, even if you have had a permit
  • Once your application has been approved, you will receive email notification which will include a link to make a secure payment for your permit. Once the payment has been processed, you will then receive an email to confirm your permit is active from the start date you have selected.
  • If you are moving into the zone soon, please contact us for advice in providing the necessary resident evidence documents we need.
  • It is your responsibility to make sure you have a valid permit to park in the zone.
  • It is also your responsibility to remember to renew it when it expires.
  • To be fair to all our customers we process permits in the order they arrive. We cannot meet requests made by calls/emails to prioritise

Changes to your vehicle

If you change your vehicle you will need to have your permit changed to show the new vehicle registration. If you have an online account, you can log in and request the changes online. You will need to submit the V5C registration document for your new car with your online change request. There is no charge for vehicle changes requested online through your account. There will be a £10 admin fee for changes to permits that you ask us to process for you.

Vehicles must be registered to the applicant's address to be eligible for this scheme. Please contact us if you have changed your vehicle and do not have the V5C registration document back from the DVLA yet.

Short term changes for hire cars or courtesy cars cannot be accommodated. Longer term temporary changes will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

You must apply for the change at least three working days before you need to start using the vehicle. If you apply online, you will receive an email confirming the change to your permit’s registration number has been processed.

Privacy notice

We may collect personal information when carrying out our services. Our Privacy Notice gives full information about how Parking Services and Parking Enforcement use and share this personal information.

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service