Skip to content

Schools and colleges

Most problems can be solved online. It's the quickest and most convenient way to get help. 

View the most frequently asked information and the solutions for those below.

Apply for a school place

Finding the right school place for your child is an important concern as a parent/carer. The admissions pages aim to provide you with all the information you need to apply for a school place.

Apply for a school place

Term dates

Please see our term dates information for community and voluntary-controlled schools. These dates are also recommended for all other schools:

  • academy
  • foundation trust and
  • voluntary-aided schools

Please contact the individual school to find out about any variations to the dates below.  As well as their distribution of INSET days.

Find term and holiday dates

Free school meals

Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you (or the child themselves in their own right) is in receipt of any of the following benefits.

  • Income Support (IS)
  • Job Seekers' Allowance (Income-Based) and equal based Job Seekers Allowance.
  • Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA-IR) and equal based Employment and Support Allowance.
  • Child Tax Credit (CTC) with an annual income of less than £16,190.
  • Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
  • Guarantee Element of Pension Credit (GPC)
  • Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (IAA) Support
  • Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year.  This is after tax and not including any benefits you get. This is assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods

Find out if your child is eligible and apply

Help for a child with special needs

Cornwall Council’s ‘Special Educational Needs File’ is designed to support:

  • Special Educational Needs Coordinators (SENCOs)
  • other professionals

in meeting the needs of children and young people with special educational needs (SEN). It is also a source of information for parents / carers and young people.

View our Special Educational Needs pages 

School and post 16 transport

You can find out if your child is eligible for home to school transport and apply online.

Find out if your child is eligible and apply

Still need help?

If your query is still not answered you can try looking at our schools and colleges information or use the form below.

Request help with something not listed

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service