Skip to content

Highways and transport

Most problems can be solved online. It's the quickest and most convenient way to get help. 

View the most frequently asked information and the solutions for those below.

Report a problem with a road or pavement

We have online forms for you to report issues with roads, highways and footpaths such as:

  • potholes
  • broken streetlights and signs
  • flooding
  • blocked drains
  • hedges
  • overgrown verges

If you need to report something that is causing an immediate danger or is an emergency please call 0300 1234 222.

You can enter the road name or postcode for the location of the issue. If something has already been reported in this area you will see a pin on the map. If it hasn't already been reported place your own pin and right click to see your options. Once you have filled in the details you will be given a reference number.  This allows you to track the progress of the issue.

Report a problem

Roadworks in Cornwall

You can enter a postcode to view roadworks on a map. The map shows possible delays within each area. It includes information about timescales and the utility or authority responsible for the work. 

View current and planned roadworks

How to get a bus pass

Your bus pass is issued under the English National Concessionary Travel Scheme (ENCTS). There are two types of passes – eligible age (blue stripe) and disability (orange stripe). Both passes give you the same level of entitlement and have a set expiry date printed on the card.

View our bus pass information

Home to school transport

Cornwall Council transports around 15,000 school children and social care service users each day. School transport services are provided through contracted and approved:

  • bus operators
  • coach operators
  • taxi operators and
  • private hire car operators

We also utilise local bus, rail, ferry and community transport schemes for school transport. In some cases we also provide contributions towards fuel costs for families of eligible children. Where this is the most economical option available.

View school transport information

Abandoned vehicles

An abandoned vehicle is one that appears not to be in regular use and has been in the same place for a period of time, usually 3 weeks or more.

Report an abandoned vehicle

Get an update on a problem you have reported

If you have already reported a problem with a road to us and have a reference number, you can track the progress of the problem online.

Track progress of a problem you have reported

Parking issues, fines and enforcement

Please visit our parking enforcement pages, if you have a problem or enquiry about:

  • parking issues
  • parking fines
  • parking enforcement
  • illegally parked vehicles

Find information about parking issues, fines and enforcement

Apply for a blue badge disabled parking permit

The national blue badge scheme provides parking concessions for people with certain disabilities. A blue badge lets you park closer to the shops and services you need to use, whether you’re the driver or a passenger in a car.

Apply for a blue badge

Still need help?

If your query is still not answered you can try looking at our transport, parking and streets information.

Request help with something not listed

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service