SEN Information and Resources

Within this section you can find SEND Support Information for Schools.

Accessibility Plan Toolkit

Find out about school accessibility plans and the Cornwall Accessibility Strategy.

Admissions for an Area Resource Base (ARB) or Special School place

Admissions for an Area Resource Base (ARB) or Special School place is different. We do it via an Education, Health and Care (EHC) Statutory Assessment. Or through information from an Annual Review meeting. Find out more about Special School and ARB admissions.

Assess, Plan, Do, Review Cycle

Find out what an Assess, Plan, Do, Review Cycle is and how an individual's progress can be evidenced through the cycle.

Education, Health and Care Needs Assessments

Find out about Education, Health and Care needs assessments and plans.

Meeting the needs of pupils with medical needs

Find guidance for your school or setting. You can also find out about:

  • Supporting pupils with medical conditions policy
  • Individual healthcare plans

Different types of settings for children with SEND

Find out about Child Development Centres, Area Resource Bases and Alternative Education.

SEND codes for the School Census

Find out where to get the up-to-date SEND codes and why it's important. 

SEND Information Report

Find out what must be included in your SEND Information Report and how to add it to the Local Offer.

SEND Glossary and Acronyms

A glossary of acronyms and terminology that you might find in relation to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.

SEND Funding Information

Helpful resources for headteachers, SENDCOs, governors and school finance staff. Please contact us with any questions or comments. This will inform the further development of these documents. 

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service