Everyone has the right to live their life free from violence, fear and abuse, but not everyone can protect themselves
- an adult experiencing abuse or neglect
- or are concerned about an adult experiencing abuse or neglect
telephone us on 0300 1234 131
We will listen to what you have to say and will ask you questions to make sure we understand your concerns.
You can also contact us out of hours on 01208 251300
Or you can make an online referral.
If you live on the Isles of Scilly please contact the Council of the Isles of Scilly Adult Social Care department on 0300 1234 105 (out of hours 01720 422699).
If you are a practitioner and are concerned that an adult is experiencing, or at risk of abuse or neglect, you must:
- ensure you have taken steps to protect the adult, as far as practicable
- alert your safeguarding team or designated officer of the referral you have made
If you are a practitioner and need advice you can call us on 01872 326433.
If you provide an email address as part of your referral, you will receive a written response.
For information on safeguarding children, see our child protection page.
The Quality Assurance Team collates feedback about services from a variety of sources. These include providers, social workers and community health teams.
Any compliments or concerns about a care service can be shared with the team using the provider quality feedback form.
The Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB) is responsible for:
- protecting adults from abuse
- reducing the risk of abuse
- and supporting people to stop abuse where it happens
Please visit the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB) for all of our local safeguarding policies and procedures.
If you are:
- an adult seeking support (not related to abuse or neglect)
- or are want support for an adult (not related to abuse or neglect)
Please visit our request help for an adult page.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.