Skip to content

Household waste and recycling centre vehicle permits

If you have a large trailer or a commercial vehicle designed to carry goods, you need a permit to use the Household Waste and Recycling Centres (HWRCs).

Permits are free for households in Cornwall and you can use them at any of our HWRCs. Please note that we cannot accept commercial/trade waste.

Permit rules

The following rules apply:

  1. Only one permit per household is allowed; if there is more than one vehicle at your property, you will need to decide which one to register for a permit.
  2. The address associated with the permit must be a domestic property that is registered for Council Tax.
  3. The permit allows you up to 12 visits in the 12 month period from the date of issue to dispose of household waste
  4. Your permit is valid until all 12 visits have been used.
  5. Once you have used all 12 visits, you can apply for a new permit providing it is more than 12 months' since your last permit was issued.
  6. You must apply for a new permit if you have changed your vehicle or lost your permit.
  7. You must not recycle or dispose of any commercial or industrial waste at an HWRC; you are only permitted to dispose of household waste

Need help?

Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.

Use our contact us form

Your feedback is important to us

Help us improve our service