If your application is approved, your permit will be issued within 21 calendar days of receipt and posted 2nd Class. Please allow a few days extra for it to arrive.
Before you apply
Before you apply for a household waste and recycling centre (HWRC) vehicle permit please note:
- Your existing permit remains valid until all 12 visits have been used.
- If you have used all 12 visits and held a permit before, for a different vehicle, and you still have your previous permit number, please select the option to change vehicle/address.
- If you have held a permit before but have lost the permit, please select the lost permit option. You do not need the permit number to complete this form.
- Incorrect vehicle registration numbers will result in an invalid permit and you will be refused access to the HWRC. Please ensure you provide the correct registration number.
- You may only use the permit to dispose of household waste from your domestic household. You must not have received payment for the collection or disposal of that waste.
- Businesses must pay for the collection and disposal of commercial waste. This includes any waste from holiday lets/accommodation. You cannot use a permit to take this waste to a HWRC.
See which vehicles are allowed at the HWRC and whether your vehicle needs a permit.
Read the terms and conditions of our Vehicle Permit system
To apply for a HWRC vehicle permit please complete the form below.
Apply, renew or replace an HWRC vehicle permit online
Changing vehicles or moving house
- If you change vehicles, please complete the relevant option on the form.
As long as your new vehicle is not over the size limit, we will issue a replacement permit for the remainder of its 12 months' validity, based on ANPR data.
- If you move house, please complete the relevant option on the form.
We will then update the details stored against your permit.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.Use our contact us form
- Refuse and recycling
- 0300 1234 141