There are 213 Parish and Town Councils in Cornwall. 137 parishes are engaged in the different stages of the Neighbourhood Planning process. 125 Neighbourhood Areas are designated. This includes 5 cluster Neighbourhood Plans covering 17 parishes. The information below sets out the latest information on Neighbourhood Plans in Cornwall.
Neighbourhood Plan Proposals
These plans are currently at Regulation 16 consultation. To view plan proposals and make your comment, please follow the below links:
Neighbourhood Plan Examinations
You can view documents on the Online Planning Register. Please search for their planning application numbers:
- Breage - The independent examiner is Deborah McCann. The examiner raised some questions during Examination. The responses are set out in the Response to Examiner questions 16 September 21 and Report to Breage Parish Council 2 March 2021
- Mawnan - The independent examiner is Liz Beth
- Mylor - The independent examiner is Liz Beth
- Portreath - The independent examiner is Liz Beth
- St Wenn - The independent examiner is Deborah McCann
Neighbourhood Plan Referendums
46 referendums have been held and all were successful.
The following neighbourhood plans are going to referendum on 13 January 2022. Please see below for further information.
St Just (in Penwith)
- St Just Neighbourhood Plan
- St Just Examination Report
- St Just Consultation Statement
- St Just Conditions Statement
- St Just Signed decision sheet
- St Just Information for voters
- St Just Information Statement
- St Just Notice of Referendum
- St Just Notice of Poll
- Linkinhorne Neighbourhood Plan
- Linkinhorne Examination Report
- Linkinhorne Consultation Statement
- Linkinhorne Conditions Statement
- Linkinhorne Signed decision sheet
- Linkinhorne Information for voters
- Linkinhorne Information Statement
- Linkinhorne Notice of Referendum
- Linkinhorne Notice of Poll
The following neighbourhood plans are going to referendum on 20 January 2022. Please see below for further information.
- Calstock Neighbourhood Plan
- Calstock Examination report
- Calstock Consultation Statement
- Calstock Conditions Statement
- Calstock Signed decision sheet
- Calstock Proceed to Referendum Report
- Calstock Information for voters
- Calstock Information Statement
- Calstock Notice of Referendum
The following neighbourhood plans are ready for referendum. Dates to be confirmed.
Proceeding to referendum
- Looe Neighbourhood Development Plan
- Menheniot Neighbourhood Development Plan
- Saltash Neighbourhood Development Plan
Made Neighbourhood Plans
There are 51 made neighbourhood plans in Cornwall.
View a full list of the made Neighbourhood Plans.
Neighbourhood Planning Activity Map
We have produced the Neighbourhood Planning Activity Map. This shows the different stages Neighbourhood Plans are currently at in Cornwall.
Neighbourhood Planning Quarterly E-Bulletin
The Council's Neighbourhood Planning Team produces a quarterly e-bulletin. This provides the latest information and advice for local Council's developing Neighbourhood Plans in Cornwall. It will also provide any updates on the current consultations and legislation. If you would like to sign up to the e-bulletin please email:
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.