There are 213 Parish and Town Councils in Cornwall. 137 parishes are engaged in the different stages of the Neighbourhood Planning process. 125 Neighbourhood Areas are designated. This includes 5 cluster Neighbourhood Plans covering 17 parishes. The information below sets out the latest information on Neighbourhood Plans in Cornwall.
Neighbourhood Plan Proposals
These plans are currently at Regulation 16 consultation. To view plan proposals and make your comment, please follow the below links:
- None at present
Neighbourhood Plan Examinations
You can view documents on the Online Planning Register. Please search for their planning application numbers:
- Breage - The independent examiner is Deborah McCann
- Looe - The independent examiner is Deborah McCann
- Mawnan - The independent examiner is Liz Beth
- Menheniot - The independent examiner is Deborah McCann
- Mylor - The independent examiner is Liz Beth
- Portreath - The independent examiner is Liz Beth
- St Wenn - Independent examiner not yet appointed
Neighbourhood Plan Referendums
46 referendums have been held and all were successful.
The following neighbourhood plans are going to referendum on 18 November 2021. Please see below for further information.
- Porthleven Neighbourhood Plan
- Porthleven Examination report
- Porthleven Consultation statement
- Porthleven Conditions statement
- Porthleven Signed decision sheet
- Porthleven Information for voters
- Porthleven Information statement
- Porthleven Notice of Referendum
Lanteglos by Fowey
- Lanteglos by Fowey Neighbourhood Plan
- Lanteglos by Fowey Examination report
- Lanteglos by Fowey Consultation statement
- Lanteglos by Fowey Conditions statement
- Lanteglos by Fowey Signed decision sheet
- Lanteglos by Fowey Information for voters
- Lanteglos by Fowey Information statement
- Lanteglos by Fowey Notice of Referendum
The following neighbourhood plans are ready for referendum. Dates to be confirmed.
Proceeding to referendum
- Looe Neighbourhood Development Plan
- Menheniot Neighbourhood Development Plan
- St Just Neighbourhood Development Plan
- Saltash Neighbourhood Development Plan
Made Neighbourhood Plans
There are 43 made neighbourhood plans in Cornwall.
View a full list of the made Neighbourhood Plans.
Neighbourhood Planning Activity Map
We have produced the Neighbourhood Planning Activity Map. This shows the different stages Neighbourhood Plans are currently at in Cornwall.
Neighbourhood Planning Quarterly E-Bulletin
The Council's Neighbourhood Planning Team produces a quarterly e-bulletin. This provides the latest information and advice for local Council's developing Neighbourhood Plans in Cornwall. It will also provide any updates on the current consultations and legislation. If you would like to sign up to the e-bulletin please email:
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.