There are 212 Parish and Town Councils in Cornwall. 140 parishes are engaged in the different stages of the Neighbourhood Planning process. 140 Neighbourhood Areas are designated.
The Neighbourhood Planning Activity Map was last updated in December 2022. It shows the current stages of Neighbourhood Plans in Cornwall. The information below sets out:
- Made Neighbourhood Plans
- the latest information on Neighbourhood Plans being progressed in Cornwall.
There are a number of made Neighbourhood Development Plans in Cornwall.
Full list of Made Neighbourhood PlansPlans in progress
Current Applications for Designation
Recent applications by town or parish councils to designate their neighbourhood plan area will be published here. There will also be:
- a map showing the area that the designation relates to
- contact details for the Qualifying Body
These are areas whose application for designation has been approved by Cornwall Council. These groups are in the process of developing their plans but have not yet submitted them to Cornwall Council. You will be able to find more information on the progress of these plans by visiting the appropriate town or parish council website. Contact details can be found here:
- Botus Fleming
- Carn Brea
- Egloshayle (cluster with Wadebridge)
- Forrabury and Minister
- Mawgan in Pydar
- St Blaise
- St Breock (cluster with Wadebridge)
- St Columb Major
- St Day
- St Dennis
- St Gennys
- St Germans
- St Gluvias (now Ponsanooth)
- St Goran
- St Hilary
- St Keverne
- St Levan
- St Mabyn
- St Mellion
- St Merryn
- St Neot
- St Newlyn East
- St Stephen in Brannell
- St Teath
- St Tudy
- St Veep
- St Winnow
- Stoke Climsland
- Week St Mary
Plans listed here are at Regulation 16 consultation. To view plan proposals and make your comment, please follow the links:
- Mabe Parish NDP - PA22/00007/NDP – Regulation 16 public consultation Wednesday 30 November 2022 to Tuesday 17 January 2023.
You can view documents on the Online Planning Register. Please search for their planning application numbers:
- Morval - PA22/00002/NDP The independent examiner is Deborah McCann.
- Madron NDP - PA22/00004/NDP The independent examiner is Deborah McCann.
- Madron NDP Examiners Report
- Perranuthnoe NDP - PA22/00003/NDP The independent examiner is Deborah McCann.
- Perranuthnoe NDP response to statutory and public representations to regulation 16 consultation.
- Truro and Kenwyn Neighbourhood Development Plan
- Truro and Kenwyn NDP statement to Examiner
- Truro and Kenwyn NDP PA22/00006/NDP The independent examiner is Deborah McCann.
- Questions raised by the Examiner in the course of her examination of the Truro and Kenwyn NDP
- Responses to the Examiner
- Truro and Kenwyn NDP notice of Examination Hearing
- Historic England Statement of Common Ground
- Natural England Statement of Common Ground
- Notice - change of venue for examination hearing
Proposed Modification to Policy H1 of the Plan
The hearing into the Truro and Kenwyn Neighbourhood Plan Revision took place on the 9 November 2022. After consideration, Examiner (Deborah McCann) has issued a proposed modification to policy H1 of the plan. The modification was necessary for the policy to meet the Basic Conditions as was modification of the accompanying text. Other minor modifications were in the interest of clarity.
The Examiner has asked Cornwall Council to circulate the modified policy. It went to the Qualifying Body (Truro City Council) and Richard Grant of Origin3 (acting for Tregothnan Estates) for comment. You can view the proposed modification on the Online Planning Register - PA22/00006/NDP.
The deadline for comment is 5pm on the 9 December 2022. Comments submitted via the Online Planning Register by the 5pm deadline will shared with the Examiner. Comments submitted via email are no longer acceptable.
Neighbourhood Plan Referendums
63 referendums have been held.
The Breage Neighbourhood Development plan is going to referendum on 10 November 2022.
- Breage NDP Neighbourhood Development Plan
- Breage NDP Basic Conditions Statement
- Breage NDP Consultation Statement
- Breage NDP Examination Report
- Breage NDP Proposal Decision
- Breage NDP Decision Notice
- Breage NDP Information statement
- Breage NDP information for voters
- Breage NDP notice of referendum
- Breage NDP notice of poll
- Breage NDP result of poll
The Morval Neighbourhood Development Plan is going to referendum on 24 November 2022.
- Morval Neighbourhood Development Plan
- Morval NDP Basic Conditions Statement
- Morval NDP Consultation Statement
- Morval NDP Examination Report
- Morval NDP Referendum Report
- Morval NDP Decision Notice
- Morval NDP Information statement
- Morval NDP Information for voters
- Morval NDP Notice of referendum
- Morval NDP Notice of poll
- Morval NDP Result of poll
The Perranaworthal Neighbourhood Development plan is going to referendum on 10 November 2022.
- Perranarworthal Neighbourhood Development Plan
- Perranarworthal NDP Examination Report
- Perranarworthal NDP Consultation Statement Part 1
- Perranarworthal NDP Consultation Statement Part 2
- Perranarworthal NDP Basic Conditions Statement
- Perranarworthal NDP Signed Proceed to Referendum Report
- Perranarworthal NDP Decision Notice
- Perranarworthal NDP Information Statement
- Perranarworthal NDP Information for Voters
- Perranarworthal NDP Notice of Referendum
- Perranarworthal NDP Notice of Poll
- Perranarworthal NDP Result of Poll
The St Wenn Neighbourhood Development Plan went to referendum on 8 September 2022. A majority of residents that voted in the referendum voted against using the policies as part of the development plan in St Wenn. This means that Cornwall Council will not make the plan and it will not be used to guide planning decisions in the St Wenn neighbourhood area.
- St Wenn Neighbourhood Development Plan
- St Wenn NDP examination report
- St Wenn NDP Consultation Statement
- St Wenn NDP Basic Condition Statement
- St Wenn NDP signed proceed to referendum report
- St Wenn NDP Decision Notice
- St Wenn NDP Information Statement
- St Wenn NDP Information for voters
- St Wenn NDP Notice of referendum
- St Wenn NDP Notice of Poll
- St Wenn NDP Declaration result of Poll
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.