The Out of Hours Social Work Service is for:
- children, young people or families experiencing immediate difficulties
- people who have an immediate concern for the safety of a child / young person
You can contact us at: 01208 251300
If there is an immediate issue of safety then the Police should be called
You will be asked for your:
- telephone number
- which specialist Out of Hours Service you think you need
- Weekdays from 5.15pm (4.45pm Fridays) until 8.45am
- Weekends from 4.45pm on Friday until 8.45am the following Monday
- All public holidays
Who will help me?
Children's Social Care emergencies are dealt with by a Children’s Social Worker and their Manager.
Emergency needs relating to children’s social work will be assessed with other agencies where appropriate. Information will be shared for the safety of children and young people.
The Out of Hours Service does not deal with routine requests
Non urgent requests should be referred to the Multi Agency Referral Unit at 0300 123 1116.
Our teams work with colleagues in police and health. This is to assess the needs of children and young people.
Concerns about adults
For help for adults outside normal working hours, please refer to the Adult Social Care pages.
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.