- being a taxi service
- muddy footprints through the house
- dirty plates hidden in a bedroom
- toys everywhere
- ouch that was Lego under a bare foot
- weekends stood in the cold and wet at the side of a pitch
Fostering isn’t always pretty, but it is pretty amazing!
At any one time there are 30 children and young people in Cornwall who need a place to call home. You could be:
- live in a flat
- rent where you live
- be LGBTQ+
because all you need to be a fosterer, is to be able to provide a place of comfort and stability to help a child realise their potential.
We are particularly looking for:
- people who can care for older children
- people who could offer siblings a home, they really need to be together during a difficult time
- mother and child placements
- those who can offer short break respite care for disabled children
- those who can provide a long-term home for a child as a permanent foster carer
Martyna tells us what a difference it made to finally have a stable place to settle down and how it helped her to finish school.
If you could offer a child, teenager or siblings a home, we’d love to hear from you.
Alternatively you can call our friendly team on 01872 323638.
Guide for prospective foster carers
Guides for children and young people