Everyone has the right to live their life free from violence, fear and abuse, but not everyone can protect themselves.
If you’re an adult experiencing abuse or neglect, or if you’re concerned about an adult experiencing abuse or neglect, contact us on 0300 1234 131 (out of hours number 01208 251300) or email email@example.com
For information on safeguarding children, see our child protection page.
If you’re an adult experiencing abuse or neglect contact us on 0300 1234 131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us if you’re concerned about an adult who may be experiencing abuse or neglect,
We will listen to what you have to say and will ask you questions to make sure we understand your concerns.
Concerns about an adult on the Isles of Scilly
Contact the Council of the Isles of Scilly Adult Social Care department on 0300 1234 105 or if out of hours, on 01720 422699.
Find more help
You can find other organisations that may be able to provide support or help in our Cornwall Care and Support Directory.
For information for professionals and policies etc please select a topic below
Making an interagency adults safeguarding referral
All professionals must complete an interagency adults safeguarding referral form or email email@example.com or ring the Adult Safeguarding Service on 01872 326433 for advice. You will receive a written response to your referral.
The Truth Project in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
The Truth Project is part of the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse which examines how organisations in England and Wales may have failed to protect children.
Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
The Home Office has produced some promotional material to raise public awareness and encourage reporting of potential victims.
You can view Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly Safeguarding Adults Board's local safeguarding adults policies, standards and guidance and SAR reports on the SAB website.
- Multi Agency Protocol For Trigger Info Sharing
- Adult Safeguarding Policy
- Organisational Abuse
- Cornwall Hoarding Protocol
- Allegations Against People In Positions Of Trust
- Threshold Guidance
- Self Neglect Policy and Guidance
- Multi Agency High Risk Behaviour Policy
- Pressure Ulcer Protocol Guidance
- Reporting Skin Damage
You can view national safeguarding adults policies and guidance using the links below.
- ADASS protocol for inter-authority investigation of vulnerable adult abuse
- Assessment - Financial abuse in vulnerable adults
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
- HM Government information sharing guidance
- Office of the Public Guardian
- LGA and ADASS Adult safeguarding and domestic abuse: a guide to support practitioners and managers
- Review of national reports into standards of care for older people and vulnerable adults
- Safeguarding Adults: Advice and Guidance to Directors of Adult Social Services
- Safeguarding adults at risk of harm: A legal guide for practitioners
- Safeguarding older people from abuse
- Scope Hate Crime Report
Department of Health safeguarding adults documents
- Role of Health Service Managers and their Boards
- Role of Health Service Practitioners
- Role of NHS Commissioners
Crown Prosecution Service documents
- Supporting victims and witnesses with a learning disability
- Supporting victims and witnesses with a mental health issue
- Prosecuting crimes against older people
Policy documents and research
- Our Health Our Care Our Say (DOH 2006)
- Putting People First (DOH Dec 2007)
- Confidential inquiry into premature deaths of people with learning disabilities (CIPOLD)
Care Quality Commission documents
- Care Quality Commission Safeguarding Protocol
- The State of Health Care and Adult Social Care in England 2015-16
Resources from Social Care Institute for Excellence
- Report 41: Prevention in adult safeguarding
- Social Care TV - Safeguarding Adults: A community case study
- Social Care TV - Safeguarding Adults: A prevention project
Social Care TV
Social Care TV an online channel for everyone involved in the social care sector.
Use the links below to view legislation that has an impact on safeguarding adults.
- Care Act 2014 and Care Act Statutory Guidance (see Chapter 14 Safeguarding)
- Crime and Disorder Act 1998
- Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims Act 2012
- Health and Social Care Act 2012
- House of Commons Select Committee Report on Elder Abuse
- Housing Act 1996
- Human Rights Act 1998
- Lasting Powers of Attorney, Enduring Powers of Attorney and Public Guardian Regulations 2007
- Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Ministry of Justice Human Rights: Human Lives
- National Health Service Act 2006
- Office of the Public Guardian
- Public Interest Disclosure Act 1998
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act (2006)
- Sexual Offences Act 2003
Most issues can be resolved online, it's the quickest and most convenient way to get help.