- You can use this fortnightly domestic garden waste collection service for things like:
- grass clippings
- This service is for domestic households only. Businesses, including self-catering and holiday let properties, are not eligible to apply.
- If you're subscribing for the first time, you need to buy one of our brown bins or reusable bags when you sign up.
- If you've already got one of our brown bins or bags and are renewing your annual subscription you only need to pay for the collection service.
- You'll need a separate subscription for each bin or bag you own, so if you have two bins you need two collection subscriptions.
- Your bin/bag will be delivered within 8 calendar days
- Please read our Terms and Conditions before signing up. They contain important information about:
- container warranties
- when we can accept a request for refund
- To receive garden waste collections you need to sign up for a subscription to the service
- A subscription runs for a year from 1 April to 31 March.
- If you take out a subscription after April, you will only pay for the number of months left until the end of the subscription year. So, if you sign up in June, you will only be charged for 10 months (for example, June to March inclusive).
- As the subscription year ends in March, we stop accepting new applications at the end of December because there are only a few months left to run.
- In early February we start taking subscriptions for the new subscription year which starts on 1 April
- The prices for the 2022/23 subscription year, which starts on 1 April, are shown below.
|Container size||Subscription Price for 2022/23|
|240 litre bin||£55|
|140 litre bin||£42|
|70 litre reusable bag||£30|
- If you're subscribing to the collection service for the first time, you will also need to buy one of our brown bins or a reusable bag to put your garden waste in so we can collect it.
- You cannot purchase a container from elsewhere to use with this service.
- This is a one off cost in your first year and then you can continue to use the bin/bag in subsequent years.
- Container prices for the 2022/23 subscription year starting from 1 April are shown below.
- Your bin/bag will be delivered within 8 calendar days from receipt of your payment
- Please provide a safe location when you place your order where your bin/bag can be left if is delivered before 8.00 am or when you aren’t at home
- Our contractor will ask you for a signature if they deliver after 8.00 am and you are at home. They will leave in your safe location and take a photo as proof if they deliver before 8.00 am or when you're not at home
- When you receive your container, it's a good idea to mark it with your house name/number and street. This is so that when we come to empty it, we know it belongs to a property with a valid subscription
- If you change your mind after your container has been delivered and wish to cancel your subscription, you will need to contact us on 0300 1234 141 within 5 working days of its delivery. Providing that your container has not been used and you haven't received a collection yet, we will return to collect your container and cancel your subscription. There will be a £6.00 charge for the collection of the container which will be deducted from any refund owed once it has been collected.
- If you need to replace your existing container part way through the year, please call us on 0300 1234 141 to place and pay for your order
Please use the button below:
- Grass cuttings
- Organic sweepings
- Tree, shrub and rose prunings
- Branches (up to 30cm long and 2.5cm diameter, for example, broom handle width)
- Cut flowers
- Cardboard, glass, metal and plastic
- Food waste, including vegetable peelings
- Turf, soil, compost and rubble
- Plant pots
- Animal bedding and faeces
- Invasive species, such as Japanese knotweed, ragwort, giant hogweed, common ragwort, bamboo
- Compostable bags
- Coffee pods
Existing garden waste customers
Your next collection day can be checked on the my area page of our website. Please be aware this only shows collections within the next 2 weeks.
Please note once you have signed up to the service, your actual collection day will be confirmed by our contractor within 2 working days.
New garden waste customers
- want to know what day of the week your collection is likely to be before signing up to the service, or
- have been unable to find out your collection day
you can check the map of garden waste collection days. Please note the day is not guaranteed.
Once you have signed up to the service, your actual collection day will be confirmed by our contractor within 2 working days. You can then check it on the my area page of our website.
Please bear in mind that this only shows collections within the next 2 weeks. So if your collections don't start until April, they won't show until mid/late March.
If you subscribe to the garden waste collection service and are moving house, when you have your confirmed moving date you will need to:
- Contact us with your new address details and the date you want collections to start from there
- Remember to take your garden waste bin/bag with you when you move
The bins are only designed to take the items shown in the "what can I put in my garden waste" section above. Please bear in mind that plastic degrades over time due to general wear and tear, and when left outside due to the effects of the sun and other weather conditions. Your bin will not last forever. We do provide a 12 month warranty for bins (3 months for bags) against manufacturing defects. This excludes circumstances when the bin has been misused. This includes overfilling or compacting the garden waste within your bin.
To prolong the life of your bin, please ensure you don’t over fill it or forcibly compact the garden waste within it. This causes pressure to build up against the plastic sides which can cause them to weaken and split. This shortens the life of your bin. Similarly bins that are too heavy are at increased risk of becoming damaged during the emptying process.
This would not be covered by the manufacturer’s warranty or be the liability of the council or our collection contractor. In that event, any replacement costs for the bin would have to be met by the customer.
- You can buy a Cornwall Council subsidised composter or Green Johanna. Prices already include the subsidy.
- You can take it to one of our Household Waste and Recycling Centres where you can dispose of it for free
Please visit our missed collection page to report online. You can only do this if you have subscribed to our collections service for the current year. If you leave garden waste out for collection without having renewed your annual subscription your container will be tagged. It will not be emptied.
If you do not have a current subscription and still wish to benefit from collections please renew your subscription.